Wednesday, June 01, 2011

A few more wildflowers

Here are just a few more wildflowers.

Bunchberry -- these flowers will soon disappear and a cluster of berries will take their place.

Lily of the valley -- I love these for their scriptural significance. These are not technically a wildflower, as they were transplanted by Carrie from one of my mother's flower gardens many years ago. But they have spread, over the years, to all corners of the wildflower garden. Their scent is simply delicious.

Bugle weed -- also called simply bugle. These plants were given to Carrie by a friend, Mrs. C, many years ago. To my knowledge they have only started blooming in the past year or so.

A closer look at the bugle weed. Isn't it pretty?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.