Monday, October 29, 2012

Back-on-Track challenge, Week 1

So much for my thought of checking in every day or two on this!  Here's my report for the past week; how I did in the four areas I was challenging myself in:

*  health and energy -- specifically eating right, exercising, drinking enough water, and getting enough sleep -- did okay with this.  Probably did best with the "getting enough sleep" part.  Exercised 4 days.  Did better with eating right/getting enough water toward the end of the week.  Still need to work on all of these specifics.

*  spiritual life -- especially Bible study, Scripture memory and meditating on Scripture -- I'm happy to report that this went very well.  Bible study is something I love and, aside from the time spent simply reading my Bible each day and the time spent studying the Bible for my Sunday School lesson, I hadn't been finding time for.  This week I set some specific spiritual life goals for each day and I'm happy to say that I met each one.  That said, I am not resting on my laurels but will continue to work on these!

*  homemaking -- getting back into the routines that work for me; getting better at time management -- I'm still not where I want to be with the homemaking routines OR the time management, but there's been definite improvement.  It helps me so much to make an overall plan for my week and to fit the different tasks in where I am most likely to have time to accomplish them.  Making a daily time schedule -- just a simple list on a piece of scrap paper listing the things I want to get done and when to do them -- helps me tremendously too.

* creativity -- blogging more often and trying to craft some birthday and Christmas gifts  -- hooray!  Did well with this; managed to get the birthday gifts all finished AND into the mail in a timely way, and have done some work on Christmas gifts and planned others into my schedule (see above).  I did manage to post in both blogs fairly often, too.  I sometimes think I have more ideas for posts and crafting than I will ever manage to accomplish in this life!

So all in all I am pleased with the first week of the Back-on-Track challenge and am hoping it goes even better this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.