Saturday, October 27, 2012

An autumn morning by the fire

 
It was really not light enough outdoors to read until 7 a.m., and it was foggy, with the occasional drip of moisture from the trees overhead.  Nevertheless, conscious that this might be one of our last possible Saturday mornings to have our quiet time by the campfire, we proceeded with our plans.  Mr. T brought out our camping chairs and little table and built a fire in the campfire ring (and I soon found myself drawing my chair closer to it).  So nice to sit by the fire in the beautiful autumn woods and read our Bibles and pray amid quietness and the background crackling of the campfire.

(These pictures are from earlier this summer; our camera is not working right now.  The leaf below is a scan from a previous autumn; I love its pink and green color!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.