Tuesday, September 01, 2015

September goals


Back cover of the New Hampshire Troubadour, September 1947
A new month, and time to set some new goals!  Here are my tentative goals for September:
*Meditate on a passage from God's Word each day.
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones.
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook
* Continue study for Sunday School -- Following God With All Your Heart
* Continue to re-read Say Goodbye to Survival Mode; continue to journal and implement what I learn
* Exercise or walk at least 20 times.
* Get to bed by 9:45 pm each night. 
* Limit sugar and red meat.
* Drink enough water each day.
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week.
* Spend some serious time decluttering closets
* Post in both of my blogs as often as possible
* Continue working on several UFO craft projects
* Get together with friends Labor Day weekend
* Plan and create gifts for November birthdays
* Plan, create and send gifts for a September birthday
* Apply wall decals to our freshly painted bathroom wall
* Reduce grocery bill by $5 per week consistently
* Spend several hours updating my A-store.
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal
* Attend a ladies' retreat
*  Continue trying to help and encourage my elderly dad
* Sort out and declutter my dad's basement
* Finish transferring important items to new computer
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating

SEPTEMBER'S HEALTHY HABITS:  Drink enough water/exercise/eat healthfully

WORD FOR 2015: RENEWAL

And here is how August went:
*Meditate on a passage from God's Word each day -- DONE!
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones -- DONE!
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook -- DONE!
* Continue study for Sunday School -- Following God With All Your Heart -- DONE!
* Continue to re-read Say Goodbye to Survival Mode; continue to journal and implement what I learn -- not done
* Exercise or walk at least 20 times -- would you believe maybe 10 times?
* Get to bed by 9:45 pm each night -- not done consistently
* Limit sugar and red meat -- -- DONE!
* Drink enough water each day -- did pretty well with this
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week -- did fairly well with this
* Spend some serious time decluttering closets -- not done
* Post in both of my blogs as often as possible -- DONE! (in my regular blog)
* Continue working on several UFO craft projects -- DONE!
* Get together with friends visiting from out of state -- DONE!
* Plan and send gifts for an August birthday -- DONE!
* Plan and create gifts for a September birthday -- not done
* Apply wall decals to our freshly painted bathroom wall -- not done
* Reduce grocery bill by $5 per week consistently -- not done
* Spend several hours updating my A-store -- not done
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family -- DONE!
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able -- DONE!
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal -- DONE!
*  Continue trying to help and encourage my elderly dad -- DONE!
* Sort out and declutter my dad's basement -- not done
* Transfer important items to new computer -- partially done
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating -- DONE!

AUGUST'S HEALTHY HABITS:  Drink enough water/exercise/eat healthfully -- did fairly well with these, especially the "eat healthfully"

WORD FOR 2015: RENEWAL -- still needed, but it's happening in some areas of life

As you can guess, I am hoping for a more productive and consistent month in September!

2 comments:

  1. Funny, I read your first list and thought, that's a huge list for September. Then i read the rest and realized you'd already done most of it. You were productive, bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tori, for the encouragement!! Always a blessing to see you here. I enjoyed seeing your "to-do Tuesday" post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.