Wednesday, September 02, 2015

September 1953

 Time for another page from the Woman's Day calendar for 1953.  I am so glad that I happened upon this little treasure and that I am able to share it with all of you!

At first glance, this illustration by Warren Chappell looks as if it's depicting a little red schoolhouse.  A closer look, however, reveals that the red building is more like a small barn or shed.  The part to the right may be an attached shed or a separate outbuilding.  The trees are full and leafy and haven't yet begun to turn to their fall colors.  A very peaceful-looking scene.  I would love to be meandering down this rural byway on a September afternoon, wouldn't you?

The Scripture verse is a favorite of mine.  It is so wonderful to know that God is a refuge for His people.  And He is absolutely trustworthy!

5 comments:

  1. I love seeing pictures of things that occurred before I was born.lol...they are rare these days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you this morning on my way to work when I saw a tree that was all changing to it's fall color. I also like fall, just not a fan of winter though it does make all the other seasons look better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by, ladies!

    Arlene -- I hear you! This one did *not* occur before I was born, but I won't say by how much.

    Mrs. D -- that is nice, that you thought of me on your way to work. Here is how I rank the seasons: 1)Fall; 2) Summer; 3)Winter; 4)Spring; 5)Mud. You're right, winter does make all the other seasons look better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was it Woman's Day that always included (perhaps still does) a scripture on its masthead? I must purchase one to find out. This is a very cool calendar with great artwork and a beautiful Word. Good news indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vee! How delightful to see you here!

    Yes, it was Woman's Day that always included a scripture on its masthead. I haven't seen an issue for awhile, but the last I knew, they did still have a scripture there.

    Yes, isn't this a great little calendar? It was a serendipitous find for sure. And this verse is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.