Wednesday, July 26, 2017

July 26 Hodgepodge


 Another Wednesday!  Time for the Hodgepodge fun at From This Side of the Pond with Joyce and friends.  Head on over, get the questions, blog about the answers -- then link up at Joyce's.   Here are this week's questions:

1. We've reached edition number 315 here in the Wednesday Hodgepodge. So tell us, what were you doing at 3:15 yesterday? Is that typical? On a scale of 1-10 (with 1 being low and 10 being high) what's your energy level usually like at 3:15 PM?

Hmm, what was I doing at 3:15 yesterday?  Not sure. -- probably scheduling some blog posts or doing some cleaning.  Nothing too exciting.  My energy level is generally pretty decent that time of afternoon.  Let's say an 8.

2. A frisbee, a tantrum, a towel, a party, a punch, or a curveball...which have you most recently thrown or had thrown at/for you? Elaborate.

Not a frisbee, not a party, not a punch ... not throwing in the towel or a tantrum .... have to say it's a curveball, but I can't elaborate right now.


3. What are three things that would help you right now. Tell us how or why.

One of those thought questions!
  1) Some sort of personal transporter to get me from New England to Nevada without the hassle of flying.
2) A good night's rest.  It's been a tiring few weeks.
3) A week in a lake cabin.  Too much stress in my life right now.

4. Do you think you're strong? Why or why not? What makes you strong?

Only spiritually strong, which after all is the most important.  And that is only by God's grace.
5. Do you enjoy reading historical fiction? What's your favorite book set sometime in the past?

I used to enjoy historical fiction very much.  Not so much any more.  Of fiction set in the past, probably the Anne of Green Gables series is my very favorite.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Hmmm...  Seems the older I get, the more sleep I need.  Not very profound.



12 comments:

  1. You do have a lot on your plate right now Mrs T. I agree with you about sleep. I find I like a nap every now and then and I have never been a Napper. I try to get all my work done before noon because I am definitely a morning person. The afternoons find me flagging. Have a safe trip, enjoy your family and try to find some quiet moments for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more of a morning person too, Arlene. I try to do things that require more brain power in the morning and do more routine tasks in the afternoon.

      I will definitely take your prescription for a time away with family. Not relaxing, but a nice change of pace.

      Delete
  2. Stress...not good and how I know. You need a time out in NV! 🤓

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good advice, Vee!😊. I am taking it. Of course, life is never completely stress free, but I hope yours lessens soon.

      Delete
  3. Great answers. A few of these really made me think, probably too much. When I read other's answers, I always think to myself, "Now why didn't I think of that?" Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about you, Debby, but sometimes it's almost painful to think too deeply. It's work!😉

      Delete
  4. Sleep is huge. I could never imagine when I was young that I would eve find it hard to sleep, but alas it has happened. When I sleep well I feel so good, when I don't I am sluggish. The problems of aging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, Sandy. Sleep is a huge blessing, and can also be a huge issue as we age.

      Delete
  5. I have missed hodgepodging...I need to jump back on. Your answers were good. The question of do I think I am strong has really set me thinking...and I guess the answer would be I'd like to think so. And maybe in some situations. But not so much in others. I am weak, where He is strong just sticks right there in my head and is soo true. Whatever would we do without Him? Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your insightful comments about strength, Debbie. Very meaningful and helpful!

      Delete
  6. Sorry about the curveball. I just got one thrown at me today. I like your list of three things! The flower are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The curveballs seem to just keep coming, Debby! Glad you enjoyed seeing the flowers.

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.