Sunday, May 20, 2018

Quote of the day

 
(Nevada ranch at top)
Recently, for the second time, I came upon this quote while studying for my Sunday School lesson.  It spoke to my heart (both times) and I felt it might be a blessing to others as well.  It is in reference to Matthew 11:29, where Jesus says, "I am meek and lowly in heart."

Here is the quote, by Walter Wright:

“What an astonishingly wonderful statement!  The One who made the worlds, who flung the stars into space and calls them by name, who preserves the innumerable constellations in their courses, who weighs the mountains in scales and the hills in a balance, who takes up the isles as a very  little thing, who holds the waters of the oceans in the hollow of His hand, before whom the inhabitants of the earth are as grasshoppers, when he comes into human life finds Himself as essentially meek and lowly in heart.”
South central Idaho
Mr. Wright's words call to mind Isaiah 40:12 -- "Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of His hand, and meted out heaven with the span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance?"
Mid-coast Maine
They also allude to Isaiah 40:15: "Behold, the nations are as a drop of a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the balance; behold, He taketh up the isles as a very little thing."
Castleford, Idaho
Ely, Nevada area
And also to Isaiah 40:21-22: "Have ye not known?  have ye not heard?  hath it not been told you from the beginning?  have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth?  It is He that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in."
Sunset, Bliss, Idaho
And lastly, Isaiah 40:26: "Lift up your eyes on high, and behold Who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number; He calleth them all by names by the greatness of His might, for that He is strong in power; not one faileth."
Night sky over Back Lake, Pittsburg, New Hampshire
Consider these truths about our God and be blessed and encouraged today!

7 comments:

  1. Lovely. You tied the verses together and illustrated them perfectly for us. This also speaks to my heart. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy it was a blessing to you, Terri. One of those posts that I just had to write.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful pictures to complement the quote and Scriptures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vee! These are some of my favorite verses ... some of my favorite photos as well. They bring back very special memories.

      Delete
  3. Thanks, Regine. Glad you enjoyed the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful verses and gorgeous pictures to accompany them! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that this post was a blessing to you, Kitty! 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.