|Lovely graphic by Abby at Little Birdie Blessings|
1. Last weekend our church hosted a missionary family and we were blessed to have them in our home for meals and fellowship. On Sunday afternoon, we got the idea to take them for a hike in the White Mountains, and what a wonderful time we all had! One of the places we hiked to was The Basin, in Franconia Notch State Park (photo below). Their two little children enjoyed the ride in a double stroller and of course got out at times as well. It was a refreshing time for them as a family, and for Mr. T and myself as well. Getting out into God's creation is always such a wonderful reminder of His power and sovereignty, and the beauty is such a refreshment in itself. Not to mention, it was even a little bit cooler in the mountains!
|Photo snagged from https://www.nhstateparks.org/visit/|
3. Blueberries ripening at the home place. On Saturday afternoon, only a couple of hours before our guests were to arrive, Mr. T and I took a half hour and went blueberrying. Between us we got three quarts! It turned out to be perfect because one of our guests was following a specific regimen for his health and was eating fruit instead of desserts. He had fresh blueberries at every meal and enjoyed them immensely! I had forgotten how calming it is to pick blueberries, so it was a blessing to me as well.
4. The opportunity to take a picnic supper to the lake on Tuesday evening. Oh, how calming and refreshing that was, especially after the busyness of the weekend and some very hot days! There is just nothing like a New Hampshire lake for pure refreshment.
5. Coming down to the homestretch on clearing out my childhood home! Today we were blessed to have the help of grandsons Sam (16) and Josiah (12). The last of the large, heavy items have left the premises. Of course, I still need to dispose of many of them, but Mr. T cleared out his upstairs garage workshop to make room until that happens.
6. I'm excited that a younger friend of mine is going to be sharing a guest post here on the blog at the beginning of next week. She leads a women's Bible study locally and, throughout the current health crisis, has been sharing devotional thoughts with the group by email. I'm on her email list and the one she sent out this week just blessed and encouraged me so much that I asked her about posting it here. You'll want to keep an eye out for her post early next week!
And there is my Saturday six! I hope that you are all having a wonderful weekend.