Monday, September 28, 2020

Monday musings

 

 It was a busy weekend and I didn't find time to post a Friday five or even a Saturday six.  But I don't want another week to go by before counting a few blessings.  

1.  A lovely hike on Tuesday to the top of a local mountain, for a very special reason.  Our granddaughter was playing in a little concert with her orchestra group.  So much fun to see how far she's come in just a few short months of lessons!


2.  The fall foliage popping out almost overnight on Thursday.  It's so dry up here, and I think that's why the foliage is early.  We need rain very badly, but I think that if it comes, it will knock most of the beautiful leaves off the trees.

3.  A wonderful day with friends in Vermont on Friday.  I want to blog more about this, but it included a lovely walk around a historic site.  This is the view from our friends' back yard:

4.  Getting to meet up with my nephew and his family on Saturday.  They were up here from MA spending time at the extended family's cottage on a remote pond.  It was good to catch up with my nephew and his wife and also to see their 2 kids, ages 3 and 6 and busy as bees.

Photo from inside a covered bridge on Friday
 

5.  A wonderful time with other friends in another part of Vermont on Sunday afternoon.  We attended the afternoon service at their church and then went for a walk on a nearby hill.  We didn't have our camera with us, but the foliage was surely camera-worthy!  (Photo below is from Friday.)

Just one more musing on this Monday afternoon: 

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.  My help cometh from the LORD, who made heaven and earth."  (Psalm 121:1-2)

It seems to us that the autumn foliage is unusually bright this year.  Once again,  it seems that God is pointing our attention to Himself and His amazing creativity and power.  He is truly in control of all things and it is such a blessing to look to the hills and be reminded of this!

6 comments:

  1. This is a good year for the foliage...much more vivid than in recent years and early as you say. The dry season must be why...though I am no expert. Your photos are wonderful. Your granddaughter's group did a fine job on the mountaintop. It must have been glorious to hear them where violins would not usually be heard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm no expert either, but I'm just guessing. It's interesting to me how some trees just look like they have been drenched in color. Gorgeous!

      Yes, indeed, very glorious to hear those instruments in an unlikely place. They are planning another little concert on another mountaintop in October.

      Delete
  2. Great video of the concert. I am sure the setting made it even more special. I hope you can enjoy the pretty colors for a good little while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to enjoy a concert on top of a mountain. And oh, your autumn foliage pictures are amazing. I've been thinking we'll not get much color this year due to a droughty September, but your post here gives me hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite trips was to Bennington, VT where my brother in law resided at one time. It was my 50th birthday trip so it has been 15 years and I still remember it so fondly. I am determined to try to get back to the northeast...such a beautiful part of our country. The leaves are changing here as well...we will have a good color this year I think. 56 degrees as I am typing this. I love fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad to hear the fall foliage is so pretty this year. I had someone say it wouldn't be as nice because it had been so dry. Now I wish I was there! Would love to be there this month, but because of the travel restrictions for people coming from Florida it just isn't reasonable this year. Love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.