1. A lovely hike on Tuesday to the top of a local mountain, for a very special reason. Our granddaughter was playing in a little concert with her orchestra group. So much fun to see how far she's come in just a few short months of lessons!
2. The fall foliage popping out almost overnight on Thursday. It's so dry up here, and I think that's why the foliage is early. We need rain very badly, but I think that if it comes, it will knock most of the beautiful leaves off the trees.
3. A wonderful day with friends in Vermont on Friday. I want to blog more about this, but it included a lovely walk around a historic site. This is the view from our friends' back yard:
4. Getting to meet up with my nephew and his family on Saturday. They were up here from MA spending time at the extended family's cottage on a remote pond. It was good to catch up with my nephew and his wife and also to see their 2 kids, ages 3 and 6 and busy as bees.
|Photo from inside a covered bridge on Friday|
5. A wonderful time with other friends in another part of Vermont on Sunday afternoon. We attended the afternoon service at their church and then went for a walk on a nearby hill. We didn't have our camera with us, but the foliage was surely camera-worthy! (Photo below is from Friday.)
Just one more musing on this Monday afternoon:
"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, who made heaven and earth." (Psalm 121:1-2)
It seems to us that the autumn foliage is unusually bright this year. Once again, it seems that God is pointing our attention to Himself and His amazing creativity and power. He is truly in control of all things and it is such a blessing to look to the hills and be reminded of this!