Saturday, September 19, 2020

Late to the Hodgepodge

 Yes, call me late to the Hodgepodge, where Joyce asks the questions and bloggers provide the answers.  It's always a lot of fun and a good way to come up with an interesting blog post.   Since I haven 't blogged since last Friday, I thought I would jump in, better late than never, and answer this week's questions:

1. What's one thing you learned at the ripe old age of whatever age you are now?

Something that I already knew could happen in one's personal world, but never thought I would see in the world at large: everything can turn upside down in a moment.  However ...

Oh, and I learned a new game this week: Quiddler.

2. I read here a list of foods that can help you look younger-

extra virgin olive oil, green tea, fatty fish, dark chocolate, vegetables, flaxseeds, pomegranates, avocados, tomatoes, spices, bone broth.

How many of the foods listed have you tried? How many do you eat regularly? Your favorite from the list?

I eat nearly all of those on a somewhat regular basis.  I've tried them all.  My favorite?  It would be a tossup between dark chocolate and avocados.  Sounds messy, doesn't it?

You can't tell at all, but this is an avocado omelet from Happy Corner Cafe in Pittsburg, NH


3. Something you miss from the 'good old days'? When were the good old days anyway?

The good old days were as recent as 2019.  I miss liberty and common sense.

Graphic by Abby at Little Birdie Blessings

4. What are two or three of the most rewarding things to be found in growing older?

Julia and Josiah

It would have to be these, and others in the same category, plus many not pictured:

Sam

Sarah

Darrin

Julia

5. What's your favorite part of your life right now?

See above.  Also, that we are retired and don't have to restrict our activities to weekends.   If we want to take a weekday getaway or do an important errand, we can go whenever it works for us.  

 6. Insert your own random thought here. 

So thankful for a getaway up north Monday through Friday!  We enjoyed lake time, visits with friends,  yummy food, peace and quiet, being out of cell and internet service, and much more.

A corner of our cabin on Back Lake

A Back Lake sunset from last year
So ends my belated Hodgepodge post!  I have lots more to share so hope to get back to blogging next week, but we will see.

4 comments:

  1. It is so good to get away! (My daughter has no tv nor wifi nor cell phone service at her place on the river. She says it is surprisingly restful.)

    What a beautiful group of grands!

    Looking forward to future posts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved seeing your grandkids, although the ones on the rafters made me nervous! LOL. Would love to hear the old pump organ played. I've never heard of an avocado omelette. Not a fan of avocado, so probably not something I would try. I agree with #3. Also, hope you will share more about your week away at the lake. I hope you had a great time. Never heard of that game Quiddler. Is it a card game or another kind of table game? I'll have to look that one up. Thanks for sharing your joys with us. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grands are the best part of getting older. We spent the day with Ben and Katy down in Birmingham. Got my love tank filled up with hugs and kisses from all three of the sweethearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in the category that totally understands grands now. They are absolutely the best part of aging.
    I am with you #3 too. I just can't understand the mindset. I have truly decided a goal of mine is to invest in my kids and grandkids as much as possible to equip them to live in this country with the direction it seems to be taking.
    I am so glad y'all have gotten to enjoy the cabin. I am convinced just a change of scenery helps so much. It is like you can relax in a way that you can't always do at home.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.