Tuesday, September 01, 2020

Some goals for September


So it's a brand new month and I am happy to welcome September!  The verse on the calendar from September 1953 is perfect for our situation right now.  Here are some goals for this new month:

* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones
* Work on a study of Psalms
* Midmonth, begin the new fall Bible study on 2 Corinthians from Women Living Well
* Post in my blogs and on Instagram as often as possible
* Continue our discipleship study with new believers
* Have folks over for Sunday lunch a time or two
* Continue to help our widowed friend Terry with the challenges of life in general
* Get to bed by 9 pm each night  
* Pay much more attention to drinking enough water each day
* Read several books 
* Complete some estate responsibilities 
* Work on the cottage we are fixing up
 * Walk and/or exercise at least 4 times each week
* Get back into Flylady's homemaking zones of the week
* Do something creative each day
* Continue planning for family birthday gifts and crafting any handmade ones
* Spend a little time on some UFO craft projects
* Redouble my efforts in stocking my Etsy shop and continuing to sell vintage items
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family
* Plan a getaway with my hubby
* Attend a ladies' retreat
* Get together with friends for breakfast 
* Meet up with my nephew and his family
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able 
* Continue to encourage and support my hubby as he works through a pastoral search for our church
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating
 
HEALTHY HABITS FOR SEPTEMBER:  Drink more water/get more sleep/walk regularly
MY WORD FOR 2020: Diligence

2 comments:

  1. ☺️ You always have wonderful goals and you usually arrive there, too. It sounds overwhelming to me, but I do have smaller goals...easier to bite off. I know this verse because I sing it...an old Scripture verse from the 1970s, perhaps earlier. Do you know it, too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we are at different stages of life right now, Vee. You have health concerns which equates to less energy, and those smaller goals are best for you at this time. You do meet them, too, so pat yourself on the back!

      I don't think that I do know this particular Scripture song. I didn't come to know the Lord until 1970 so I probably missed out on some of the earlier ones.

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.