Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Falling for the Hodgepodge

 

 Yes, it's Wednesday again and a brand new season -- my very favorite! It's time for the Wednesday Hodgepodge, where Joyce asks the questions and bloggers provide the answers.  It's always a lot of fun and a great way to come up with an interesting blog post.  If you'd like to join in,  just head over to From This Side of the Pond and get the questions from Joyce, then answer them on your own blog.  (Photos in this post will be from previous autumns, because I have so many beautiful ones.)  Here are this week's questions, based off this change of seasons:

1. It's fall y'all. What's something you love about this season and also something you don't? 

I love nearly everything about this season.  Really, the only thing I don't like about it is the fact that it means winter will inevitably follow.

2. When you think of the colors of fall, which one is your favorite?

I think that my favorite may be orange, though I love red leaves also.  I always enjoy finding unusual leaves that have a lot of colors in them.   When I do, I scan them. Pressing doesn't show or preserve the colors as well.

Ketchup mustard relish leaf (terminology borrowed from Vee)

Red & green leaf

Polka dot leaf

Yellow diamond leaf

Is there somewhere you could easily day trip to see the leaves in all their glory? Will you? 

I think that our trip to the Monadnock region of our state for a couples' retreat will fit the bill for this question.  The colors there are always glorious.


3. What's one thing you've let 'fall' by the wayside during this season of staying home and staying away? 
Grocery shopping.  My wonderful hubby has been doing it all ever since he retired.

4. If you're wearing a sweater is it most likely a cardigan, crew neck, v-neck, or zip up hoodie? 
Probably a crew neck; occasionally a cardigan.
5. What's your secret to dealing with change? 
For me, there is only one secret to dealing with change: holding fast to the God who does not change.  I think of the words of the hymn: "Change and decay in all around I see; O Thou who changest not, Abide with me."  And if we have trusted Christ as Savior, we don't have to ask Him to abide with us.  He just does!

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

Let's see ... well, this afternoon my hubby and I did something different and fun.  One of our granddaughters is involved in an orchestra class.  This afternoon the class hiked up a mountain with a lovely scenic view of lakes.  It's actually this view:
And against the glorious backdrop above the orchestra presented a little concert.  Mr. T and I hiked up too along with a number of other spectators.  It was simply delightful!  I am hoping to be able to blog about it at some point, as we got some pictures and video.

And so ends this Hodgepodge for the second day of Autumn.  Happy fall, everyone!


10 comments:

  1. Wow! What a view! And to have a little concert would be the icing on the cake. I see that I forgot to answer 2.b. Typical of me to leave something good on the table. Ha! I think it is wonderful that Mr. T is doing the grocery shopping.☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beauty in those leaves. I wouldn't be able to get a walk actually in because I would be stopping to pick up and admire each one I found. My hubby has done 90% of the grocery shopping since March and he is not retired. I am so grateful. It has never been my favorite thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love all the beautiful photos you shared today! Happy Hodgepodge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I think I loved every single thing about this post, the fact that we think alike about fall's inevitable slide into winter, but mostly about trusting Christ to be present with us. Our rock, our redeemer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Such beautiful leaves and views! I love seeing them through your eyes since we don't have that many here to enjoy like that. And that hike/orchestra concert sounds wonderful! And yes, when we have Christ in our lives, we have all we need for now and the future, no matter what may change! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...what wonderful views you were able to enjoy on that hike! So thankful our God and Savior abides with us. Such a constant in this changing world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful pictures! Here in Alabama, we are still not doing large gatherings like your couple's retreat. I so miss being with our friends. Enjoy every single moment and I hope you will blog about the retreat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful thoughts and beautiful photos you have shared, that view was spectacular!
    I have always wanted to visit New England in the fall. Thank you for sharing, thank you for your sweet comment on my blog.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! That is a beautiful place to hike.
    I am such a geography geek. I had to look up Monadnock region.
    Great idea to scan the leaves. They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS. For some reason, several of the comments made on my blog post didn't come into my email inbox. Anyway, thank you for stopping in! And yes, the pages you saw there are from my art journal. I've been doing this for a few years now and love it! I do see a big difference in this year's journal, however, hurrying through rather than taking time to think, draw, and write. It has something to do with how busy this year has been. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.