Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Answering just two

 

Vintage Thinking of You card sold in my Etsy shop

 No time for a long post today, and some of the Hodgepodge questions would have taken much more thought than I am capable of at the moment.  So I picked just two of the questions that I could answer quickly and easily.  Here goes:

2. Do you have a special place or organizational system for gift wrapping? Do you still buy 'real' cards to send for birthdays, anniversaries, get-well, etc? 

I keep most gift wrap, ribbon, tags, etc.  in two under-the-bed storage totes.  Everyday gift wrap for birthdays and such is in one tote. and Christmas gift wrap in the other, larger one.  I also have some smaller gift bags in each tote -- and the one with the Christmas wrappings also contains some packaging for kitchen gifts -- food-safe tissue paper, foldable cookie boxes, cookie bags, and the like.

Oh, and yes, I do still buy "real" greeting cards to send for birthdays and other occasions.  Often birthdays sneak up on me so I will resort to an e-card, but I try to keep get-well and thinking-of-you cards on hand at all times.  I will either buy them at the dollar store (where they are only 50¢!) , at Christianbook.com or sometimes at our local thrift store.  I also like to keep blank note cards on hand for writing notes of encouragement to folks.

3. It's National Banana Day...are you a fan? What's your favorite thing to make with bananas or, if you're not a cook, your favorite thing to eat that contains banana? 

I do like bananas but they need to be fairly green.  I've eaten very few bananas in the past 18 months or so, since I try to watch carbs quite carefully.  Probably my favorite way to eat bananas would be in a banana split.  

As for baking, I like to make banana coffeecakes or muffins more than banana bread.  I'll link to a couple of favorite recipes for you.

 This Banana Split Coffee Cake is from Jocelyn at Inside BruCrew Life.  I've never been disappointed in one of Jocelyn's recipes.  I leave the glaze off this one as it's sweet enough without it.

And this Banana Crunch Cake found in an old cookbook is really tasty too!

It's a gorgeous spring day here though just a little cool still.  Have a wonderful Wednesday, all!

4 comments:

  1. Hello! You know, I struggle with wrapping paper, bows, and ribbons! Now they are in a spare room closet. I need a better system! I love to send real cards in the mail. I tell my kids I am on a mission to bring notecard greetings back! Have a cozy afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also keep my Birthday wrapping, bags, etc, in one place in my bedroom closet where I can get to it when birthdays come along. I also do buy real cards. I order a lot of cards from Dayspring, that I use for our church birthdays/anniversaries/get well, etc., so I try to have a stash available, But for special people/family members I look for cards that speak to me about that person personally. And bananas, I also have to have an almost green banana anymore. I can't tolerate the smell of a an overripe banana. But I will make a great banana nut bread with them and I do like that. My recipe is very moist and keeps well in the fridge. Hubby loves it for breakfast. Take care and enjoy your springtime, when it gets there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to both make and send real cards. I've been making my own cards for years, and its nice to always have a card on hand. I use gift bags for most of the gifts I give, so much easier! Gift wrap only comes out at Christmas, lol! I don't eat bananas anymore either, but our family does enjoy them, especially banana cake! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep wrapping paper and gift bags in containers under our bed. Sometimes I wonder what it would feel like to have nothing at all under the bed, but I've done this for years.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.