Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Happy Fourth of July!


Image Courtesy of VintageHolidayCrafts. com
 I trust that all of you are having a blessed Independence Day as we celebrate America's 236th birthday!

Mr. T and I began the day by going out to breakfast with friends at one of our favorite diners.  Our friends are from Wisconsin, visiting family here in New England.  What a treat it was to be able to spend a little time with them ... I think it had been 9 or 10 years since we saw them last, although we have been in touch by phone and email.

Now Mr. T is off leading visiting family members on a hike of his ancestral acres.  Later, we hope to attend a church picnic we've been invited to.  We enjoyed our neighbors' fireworks last evening, so we can cross that off our list.  I hope that each of you has a wonderful Fourth of July!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful 4th...I always think of the 4th as the mid point of summer. My hubby's nex holiday will be Labor Day but we do have vacation to look forward to in another week. We are already at the beach in our minds.lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the mid point of summer? Say it isn't so! For us, summer just about starts on Memorial Day, so I just can't think of it as being half over just yet.

    How nice that you have a beach vacation coming up! My hubby had the 4th-6th off, and we had thought we might go to the ocean on one of the days but that just isn't happening now. He has spent the entire 2 days trying to solve problems caused by a lightning strike on the 4th. Oh well, God is in control and we have much to be thankful for -- especially that nothing caught on fire.

    Have fun at the beach!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.