Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pepper Jack Mac -- quick & easy comfort food for a busy day!

(Photo by Taste of Home)
I tried this recipe a few weeks back and we both enjoyed it so much.  Here's the link to the recipe:  Pepper Jack Mac.  I had to triple the recipe, if I remember right (it only serves two), because we wanted some left over.  I thought it was even more flavorful the next day. 

I did leave out the mushrooms, because we didn't have any on hand, and it was great without them, but if I happened to have mushrooms in the fridge I would use them.  It would probably be even more delicious!  I used gluten free elbow macaroni -- the kind made from brown rice -- and it worked perfectly.  My hubby said this is definitely a "make-again" meal.  Maybe your family would enjoy this flavorful mac'n'cheese, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.