Saturday, March 01, 2014

March Goals


Maple sugaring in 1956
A new month, and time to set some new goals!

* Read through the March  portion of the One-Year Devotional Bible.
*  Read 4 chapters in The Power of a Godly Grandparent
* Write and send a newsletter to grandkids
* Finish reading Say Goodbye to Survival Mode
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones.
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook
* Continue with "Intentionally Focused" Bible study
* Keep up with my Sunday School study -- The Heart of a Woman Who Prays
* Exercise at least 20 times.
* Get to bed by 9:45 pm each night.
* Limit sugar.
* Drink enough water each day.
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week.
* Take an overnight getaway with my husband
* Watch grandkids so their parents can get away
* Post in both of my blogs as often as possible
* Reduce grocery bill by $5 per week (just a place to start!)
* Spend several hours updating my A-store.
* Do research for setting up an Etsy shop (I've already joined Etsy)
* Make at least a dozen items for sale at craft fairs.
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family.
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal
* Make some winter banners
* Make gift tags from last year's Christmas cards.
* Complete several handcrafted birthday gifts for March and April birthdays.

MARCH'S HEALTHY HABIT:  Exercise
WORD FOR 2014: BALANCE

And here's how February went:
FEBRUARY GOALS
* Read through the February  portion of the One-Year Devotional Bible  -- DONE!
*  Read 4 chapters in The Power of a Godly Grandparent -- not done (sidetracked by another book)
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones -- DONE!
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook -- DONE!
* Continue with "Intentionally Focused" Bible study -- DONE!
* Keep up with my Sunday School study -- The Heart of a Woman Who Prays -- DONE!
* Exercise at least 20 times -- not done
* Get to bed by 9:45 pm each night -- not done
* Limit sugar -- not done enough
* Drink enough water each day -- not done enough
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week -- not fully done
* Plan an overnight getaway with my husband -- not done
* Post in both of my blogs as often as possible -- DONE!
* Check out airline tickets for trip to NV -- DONE!
* Reduce grocery bill by $5 per week (just a place to start!) -- not consistently done
* Spend several hours updating my A-store -- not fully done
* Do research for setting up an Etsy shop (I've already joined Etsy) -- not done
* Make at least a dozen items for sale at craft fairs -- not done
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family -- DONE!
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal -- DONE!
* Finish some UFO Christmas gift craft projects -- DONE!
* Design and make some winter banners -- found a pattern, but they're not done
* Make gift tags from last year's Christmas cards -- not done
* Start several handcrafted birthday gifts for March and April birthdays --  not done

FEBRUARY'S HEALTHY HABIT:  Exercise -- a dismal failure!  Life became so busy with so many snow days for grandchildren and with appointments for my dad, and then I got a cold.  Our road is not safe to walk on due to ice underfoot and high snowbanks which obscure visibility, so I can't say that I even went for a walk, other than parking at a distance at Walmart and the grocery store!

I am certainly hoping that March will be better as far as accomplishing my goals.

2 comments:

  1. Love the photo, Mrs. T! Hope March is going well for you thus far. I've been goal setting a bit more myself as I get stronger. I'm back on the treadmill this week and happy about that (not that it's fun, :) but so glad that I can do it again!)
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. Smith!!

    Can't believe it's taken me this long to reply to your comment. I haven't forgotten that I owe you an email! Life has just been SO busy.

    I'm glad you liked the photo. I have quite a few older ones and should use them more often here on the blog.

    So happy to hear that you are back on the treadmill and feeling stronger! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.