Friday, December 04, 2015

December goals

This marvelous image is from The Graphics Fairy.
 December certainly came in quickly.  I am trying to be ready for the busyness of this month.  I'm posting my goals a few days late because I already had a few posts scheduled for the first few days of the month.  So, my goals for December:
*Finish a Bible study on the Sermon on the Mount -- Right Side Up Living in an Upside-Down World.
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones.
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook
* Continue study for Sunday School -- Following God With All Your Heart
* Continue to re-read Say Goodbye to Survival Mode; continue to journal and implement what I learn
* Exercise or walk at least 20 times.
* Get to bed by 9:30 pm each night. 
* Limit sugar and red meat.
* Drink enough water each day.
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week.
* Post in my Christmas blog daily in December if possible
* Post in this blog daily in December if possible
* Bake Christmas cookies
* Continue working on several UFO craft projects
* Finish crafting Christmas gifts
* Purchase remaining Christmas gifts
* Wrap Christmas gifts
* Finish decorating for Christmas
* Spend several hours updating my A-store.
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family
* Plan a special time with three of our grandchildren
* Attend a ladies' Christmas fellowship
* Attend a Christmas dinner for my hubby's work
* Take part in our church family gift exchange
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able
* Write and send out Christmas cards
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal
*  Continue trying to help and encourage my elderly dad
* Spend time beginning to sort out and declutter my dad's attic
* Make a photo book
* Make a photo magnet
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating
* Plan and enjoy our Christmas dinner and Christmas Eve supper

DECEMBER'S HEALTHY HABITS:  Drink enough water/exercise/eat healthfully

WORD FOR 2015: RENEWAL

And here is how November went:
*Meditate on a passage from God's Word each day -- I chose to start the Bible study instead.
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones -- DONE!
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook -- DONE!
* Continue study for Sunday School -- Following God With All Your Heart -- DONE!
* Continue to re-read Say Goodbye to Survival Mode; continue to journal and implement what I learn -- not done
* Exercise or walk at least 20 times -- probably more like 5-10 times
* Get to bed by 9:45 pm each night -- mostly DONE!
* Limit sugar and red meat -- DONE!
* Drink enough water each day -- not done consistently
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week -- not done consistently, but working on it
* Spend some serious time decluttering closets -- not done
* Post in my Christmas blog as often as possible -- not done
* Post in this blog as often as possible -- DONE!
* Continue working on several UFO craft projects -- not done
* Create gift for November birthday -- DONE!
* Create and send belated gifts for a September birthday -- not done, at this time they are becoming part of the Christmas gift!
* Get serious about crafting Christmas gifts -- DONE!
* Apply wall decals to our freshly painted bathroom wall -- not done
* Reduce grocery bill by $5 per week consistently -- have done okay with this
* Spend several hours updating my A-store -- more like a half-hour
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family -- DONE!
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able -- DONE! (but never as much as I'd like)
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal -- DONE!
*  Continue trying to help and encourage my elderly dad -- DONE!
* Sort out and declutter my dad's basement -- not done, but did spend a little time on this
* Continue transferring important items to new computer -- not done
* Have at least two couples over for supper -- not done
* Make a photo book -- not done, but I did make a calendar.
* Make a photo magnet -- DONE!
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating -- DONE!
* Decorate for Thanksgiving -- DONE!
* Plan and enjoy our Thanksgiving dinner -- DONE!

NOVEMBER'S HEALTHY HABITS:  Drink enough water/exercise/eat healthfully -- did pretty well with these, but am trying to emphasize them again for December.

WORD FOR 2015: RENEWAL

5 comments:

  1. As the old saying goes, "If you set no goals, you're bound to achieve them." Your goals are noble and lofty, and a little exhausting, too. =D

    All the best with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you set goals for the month. I am going to try this in January. Please share what Kelly's missions in homemaking is. I have just recently discovered your blog and seem to have missed that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ladies!

    Vee, I actually took a lot of things out of the list. (The first four items -- Bible study or meditation, Scripture memory, adding to my Scripture notebook, and studying for Sunday School -- these are non-negotiables and are in my goals every month.) Because of special things like baking, crafting, and get-togethers, I removed some of my more "ordinary" goals. I think, Lord willing, most of it will get done.

    Sandy, I wish you all the best with your goal setting. I set yearly goals -- pretty simple ones -- in January each year, and then I try to set monthly goals that move me continually toward meeting those yearly goals. I think if you check out my January archives for the past few years, you will see examples of what my yearly goals look like and how I arrive at them.

    Also, Sandy, "Kelly's Missiona" are from FlyLady. If you scroll down in my sidebar, you will find, just under "Members", a list of "Links". FlyLady is the next to last one. Click on that to go to FlyLady's site. You can read what it's all about and will probably want to check out "Getting Started". On the section called "Launch Pad" you will find buttons for "Missions" and "Zones". I don't follow FlyLady's system faithfully, but I do love the zones and missions. Briefly, she divides the home into five zones, and each week of the month you zero in on one of the zones. The missions are just specific tasks to do in each zone, each day of the week. I find it helpful and maybe you will, too. It's not for everybody, but it helps me keep homekeeping tasks on my radar screen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs T, I also admire you for putting goals down and then being honest if you do not meet them. I would probably fudge on that!lol...You inspire me to do better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Arlene! I missed this comment and am just now replying ... I have not done at all well in even setting goals in 2016.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.