Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A Simply Delicious Supper


I tried a new recipe tonight -- Simple Shrimp Scramble. We like a breakfast-type meal for supper every now & then, and this was it for this week. I served this with Breakfast Potatoes, an easy microwaved potato side dish, and green beans. I'll share the shrimp recipe here, and you can easily find the potato recipe by typing "Breakfast Potatoes" into the search box and clicking "Search Blog".

SIMPLE SHRIMP SCRAMBLE

1 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
2 Tblsp. olive oil
5 ounces frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
8 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup shredded cheese of your choice

In a large skillet, saute´the onion, green pepper and garlic in 1 Tbslp. of the olive oil until tender. Stir in shrimp. Remove to a bowl and keep warm.

In the same skillet, heat remaining 1 Tbslp. olive oil. Beat together the eggs, salt & pepper; add to skillet and cook, stirring, until completely set. Stir in the shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese; remove from heat. Cover skillet and let stand several minutes until cheese melts.

Yield: 4 servings

I adapted this from a Quick Cooking magazine from 2004 and it is simply delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.