Monday, October 15, 2007

Sew Crafty... Monday?

It was a super-busy weekend, with our church’s missions conference going on, and activities galore which we were involved in. And we’re also trying to get ready to go on vacation, and so there’s the packing, planning, and working at leaving the house fairly tidy and all of the loose ends tied up. So with all that going on, there was no time to blog on Friday. There’s really not time now, but I’m going to be missing 2 Fridays, so thought I would quickly share what I’ve been up to.

First of all, I finally finished the cookbook I’ve been working on for a belated wedding gift. I packed it up and got it to the post office today. Here’s a shot of some of the divider pages and of the open, unfinished cookbook.



Now -- we will be staying with family and friends on our vacation, and so for a hostess gift to take to each of the 2 homes we’ll be staying in, I came up with this idea -- a gift bag containing a crocheted dishcloth, 4 fall-themed coasters, and a box of Canadian Vanilla Maple Tea (which seems not to be available in most of the country, and is sort of a New-Englandy flavor). Here’s one of the dishcloths:


And here is one set of coasters:



The other coasters are not finished yet -- they are all cut out, and it only takes a very few minutes to sew them. Here is what those will look like:


So those are pretty much my crafting efforts for this week. My cross-stitch sampler is almost done, as far as the cross-stitching goes. By the time we get back from our trip, I hope to have accomplished a significant amount of backstitching on the sampler.

3 comments:

  1. You always do such a great job with your projects. What a nice idea to take a hostess gift with you. Where did you get those pictures for the cookbook, if you don't mind me asking. I will post it on my blog, but the program I used for Micah's cross stitching gift is called PC stitch. I think you can download a version of it for free to try it out. I don't have the website in front of me, but for SCF this week I will put the link up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been to impatient with my sewing posts to wait until Friday this week! Maybe I can link to one of them anyway!

    I have been making lots of coasters too. Yours are great! Your hostess will be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ladies,

    Thanks for your encouraging words and for stopping by!

    Shereen, I haven't had a chance to check out that link yet but I am certainly going to. There are many pictures I would love to be able to make a cross-stitch chart for.

    As for the pictures in the cookbook, I got the graphics from various sites. Some of them were already in the word processing program I have (AppleWorks). Many of the others I found at Grande Graphics. They have a ton of graphics all nicely organized.

    Looking forward to Sew Crafty Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.