Recipes, memories and random thoughts from my kitchen
Monday, February 13, 2012
Weekly Goals 2/12/2012
Okay, a quick check-in to post my goals for this week and to report on how I did with last week's goals. I did better than the previous week, so I'm encouraged. First of all, the goals for this week:
1. Memorize Psalm 19:7-11.
2. Read another chapter in Essential Virtues.
3. Exercise 3 to 5 times.
4. Plan and cook healthy meals.
5. Do the FlyLady "Kelly's Missions" for each day.
6. Work ahead in Sunday School study.
7. Work on my weekly crafting goals to accomplish a mix of old and new projects.
As for how I did with last week's goals:
1. I had planned to memorize 4 verses but only managed one. Didn't get around to working on it until the end of the week, which didn't help!
2. Read one chapter in Essential Virtues. DONE!
3. Exercise 3 to 5 times. I managed 3 times, so, DONE!
4. Plan and cook healthy meals. DONE!
5. Declutter 1 hour in computer room; only managed a few minutes.
6. Craft 8 small items for gifts and/or possible sale. DONE!
7. Work ahead on study for Sunday School lesson. DONE!
Accomplishing 5 out of my 7 goals was a great encouragement. With my Scripture memory goal (#1), I just need to get started earlier in the week. And I decided to adjust my homemaking goal (#5) to something more specific which would also work toward my goal of decluttering the entire house. The missions for this week are for bathrooms as well as the home office, so I will be decluttering in the computer room as I go. I've found in the past that just keeping up with Kelly's missions makes a huge difference in my house. So there you have it. We'll see how well I do!
I live in scenic northern New England with my handsome husband. We're empty-nesters with a bunch of adorable grandchildren. We love (tent) camping and traveling, but don't get away as often as we'd like to.