Monday, December 30, 2013

Goals for week beginning 12/30/2013

From my collection of vintage cards
We're digging out from a big snowstorm this morning!  Not sure how many inches fell last night, but it was a snow globe-type snow -- huge wet flakes, falling steadily at the rate of 1 to 2 inches per hour.  It was beautiful but VERY slippery if one had to be out in it.

So hard to believe it's almost 2014!  I'll soon be setting goals for a new year.  Still, (especially since I failed to post my goals last week) I need to set some goals for the week.  Here's what I'm aiming at:
* Finish Sunday School lesson 1 and start on lesson 2 -- this is a new study we're starting on prayer
*  Make 1 or 2 pages for "What Do I Know About My God"?  notebook
*  Review Psalm 62:7-8
*  Read 1 or 2 chapters in  Following God With All Your Heart
*  Exercise or go for walks as often as time allows
*  Finish a few UFO Christmas/birthday gifts
 *  Keep up a good water intake
*  Get to bed by 9:30 or 10 pm each night
*  Post often in both this blog and my Christmas blog
* Send out a few New Year cards
*  Zero in on homemaking tasks in Zone 2, the kitchen and Zone 3, the bathrooms, plus Zone 5, the living room
*  Make a daily time schedule for the things I need to do
*  Email several friends
* Have friends over for a meal
* Take my dad to an appointment

And here's how last week went:
* Finish Sunday School lesson 14 -- DONE!
 *  Make 1 or 2 pages for "What Do I Know About My God"?  notebook -- not done
*  Memorize Luke 2:10 -- DONE!
* Continue with Advent study -- DONE!
*  Read 1 or 2 chapters in  Following God With All Your Heart -- not done
*  Exercise or go for walks as often as time allows -- not done
*  Keep up with crafting goals for Christmas -- not completely done
 *  Keep up a good water intake-- DONE!
*  Get to bed by 9:30 or 10 pm each night -- not done
*  Post daily in both this blog and my Christmas blog -- not done, though I managed to post quite often
* Send out Christmas cards to friends as I receive theirs -- DONE!
*  Zero in on homemaking tasks in Zone 2, the kitchen and Zone 3, the bathrooms -- not done
*  Make a daily time schedule for the things I need to do -- not done every day
*  Email several friends -- DONE!
* Finish the Christmas decorating -- DONE!
 * Continue Christmas baking -- DONE!
*  Continue with a back-on-track challenge in the area of homemaking -- not done
* Finish several handcrafted gifts for our family in Nevada -- still have 1 Christmas gift to finish
* Wrap all of the gifts that I have -- DONE!
* Send package(s) to Nevada -- DONE!

I'm hoping for a productive week, but there's a lot going on so I may not accomplish all that I'd like to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.