Monday, December 02, 2013

December 2 ~ My December goals

Goal-setting time again at the beginning of a new month!  I've eliminated some of my more usual goals in favor of doing some special things in December.  I think that I may definitely try to fit too much activity into this month by trying to do everything I ordinarily do in addition to special December activities, so I'm trying to be more realistic and focused this year.

I'm also trying to leave my health and energy goals firmly in place.  Here's a quote from Woman's Day's "Healthy Holidays" section in the December 2013 issue:

"Water, sleep and exercise ... are extremely important to keep you on track throughout a hectic season.  Less of any of them can lead to unwanted weight gain.  Your goal: Aim for six 8-ounce glasses of water per day, 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night and 30 minutes or more of exercise at least three times a week." 

This is just common sense, but so easy to forget in the busyness of December.  So, here are my:
DECEMBER GOALS
*Work on Advent Bible study
* Continue reading Following God with All Your Heart
* Memorize 4 Bible verses.
* Exercise at least 15 times; walk as often as possible
* Get to bed by 9:30 pm each night.
* Limit sugar.
* Drink enough water each day.
* Spend several hours updating my A-store.
* Write and send Christmas cards
* Post daily in one or both of my blogs
* Make the remaining Christmas gifts on my crafting list
* Purchase remaining Christmas gifts
* Make Christmas kitchen gifts
* Decorate for Christmas
* Wrap all Christmas gifts
* Send Christmas packages to Nevada well ahead of time
* Attend several Christmas parties and events
* Get together with friends for breakfast
* Complete a back-on-track homemaking challenge
* Plan Christmas dinner
* Make some Christmas or winter curtains and other home decor items


And here is how things went in November:
* Continue reading through the book of Proverbs, journaling as I go -- done, until the last 2 weeks when I switched to doing a Thanksgiving study
* Continue reading Following God with All Your Heart -- DONE!
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses -- DONE!
* Continue study of 2 Samuel -- DONE!
* Exercise at least 15 times; walk as often as possible -- not done
* Get to bed by 9:30 pm each night -- not done
* Limit sugar -- did great the first couple of weeks ... after that, not done
* Drink enough water each day -- did okay with this
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week -- did okay with this
* Spend several hours updating my A-store -- not done
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family -- DONE!
* Post several times weekly in one or both of my blogs -- DONE!
* Finish some UFO craft projects -- not done
* Make most of the remaining Christmas gifts on my list -- still have quite a few to go
* Declutter several closets -- not done
* Work on crafts for gifts or sale -- DONE!
* Complete a back-on-track challenge -- DONE!
* Plan and host Thanksgiving dinner -- DONE!
* Make some fall curtains and other home decor items -- DONE!

So, while I am hoping for a productive December, my goals have shifted a bit from the usual.  I want to focus on enjoying the true meaning of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.