Thursday, October 01, 2015

October goals


The gorgeous photo is by Abby at Little Birdie Blessings
How can it be the first day of October already?  Didn't 2015 just begin?  But it's true -- October is really here, and it's time for me to set some goals for the month:
*Meditate on a passage from God's Word each day.
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones.
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook
* Continue study for Sunday School -- Following God With All Your Heart
* Continue to re-read Say Goodbye to Survival Mode; continue to journal and implement what I learn
* Exercise or walk at least 20 times.
* Get to bed by 9:45 pm each night. 
* Limit sugar and red meat.
* Drink enough water each day.
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week.
* Spend some serious time decluttering closets
* Post in my Christmas blog as often as possible
* Try and post in this blog every day in October (!)
* Continue working on several UFO craft projects
* Create and send gifts for November birthdays
* Create and send belated gifts for a September birthday
* Get serious about crafting Christmas gifts
* Apply wall decals to our freshly painted bathroom wall
* Reduce grocery bill by $5 per week consistently
* Spend several hours updating my A-store.
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal
* Attend a couples' retreat with my hubby
*  Continue trying to help and encourage my elderly dad
* Sort out and declutter my dad's basement
* Finish transferring important items to new computer
* Take a little getaway with Mr. T
* Have at least two couples over for supper
* Make a photo book
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating
* Do most of my fall decorating
* Plan a fall get-together at our home for our church family

OCTOBER'S HEALTHY HABITS:  Drink enough water/exercise/eat healthfully

WORD FOR 2015: RENEWAL

And here is how September went:
*Meditate on a passage from God's Word each day -- DONE!
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones -- DONE!
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook -- DONE!
* Continue study for Sunday School -- Following God With All Your Heart
-- DONE!
* Continue to re-read Say Goodbye to Survival Mode; continue to journal and implement what I learn -- not done
* Exercise or walk at least 20 times -- not done; I may have managed 15 times
* Get to bed by 9:45 pm each night -- not done consistently
* Limit sugar and red meat -- DONE!
* Drink enough water each day -- not done consistently
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week -- not done consistently
* Spend some serious time decluttering closets -- not done
* Post in both of my blogs as often as possible -- DONE!
* Continue working on several UFO craft projects -- DONE!
* Get together with friends Labor Day weekend -- DONE!
* Plan and create gifts for November birthdays -- not done
* Plan, create and send gifts for a September birthday -- not done
* Apply wall decals to our freshly painted bathroom wall -- not done
* Reduce grocery bill by $5 per week consistently -- not done consistently
* Spend several hours updating my A-store -- not done
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family -- DONE!
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able -- not as much as I'd have liked
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal -- DONE!
* Attend a ladies' retreat -- DONE!
*  Continue trying to help and encourage my elderly dad -- DONE!
* Sort out and declutter my dad's basement -- not done
* Finish transferring important items to new computer -- not completely done, though progress has been made!
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating -- DONE!

SEPTEMBER'S HEALTHY HABITS:  Drink enough water/exercise/eat healthfully  -- did well with the healthy eating, okay with exercise (though there's plenty of room for improvement!) and not so well with water.

WORD FOR 2015: RENEWAL -- I'm so happy I chose this word for the year.  I need it in every area!

Now we will see how October goes ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.