Saturday, February 24, 2007

Scripture Memory...


I believe that memorizing God's Word is of vital importance. I try to memorize (or refresh my memory of) a passage of Scripture every week. But I have really struggled trying to find a systematic Scripture memory plan that works for me.

I thought I had found the answer when I stumbled across a couple of pamphlets from the Bible Memory Association. But I really hadn't... the first one was very basic, mostly salvation verses which I had memorized long ago. The second one is better, but really simpler than what I want. I find myself memorizing several verses or sometimes an entire Psalm rather than the one or two verses they suggest. This is working for me for now, but I'd like some other ideas.

What do others suggest? Does anyone know of a systematic plan for memorizing Scripture? I would welcome your thoughts and recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.