Friday, June 28, 2013

A look at my strawberry collection

 
Every June and July, I like to display my strawberry collection -- or actually, just part of it -- on the hutch in our dining area.  It's so much fun to get out the various items and remember who gave them to me or how I acquired them.  Here are a few pictures from this year's display:
A new piece this year is the hand-painted vintage china dish (from the 1950s) at the top right next to the strawberry cross stitch (by my friend Les).  My daughter bought the plate at a little antique store in Idaho and brought it with her when they visited last fall.  I love the colors!

This shows the bottom shelf with an embroidered hot mat by my friend Ruth toward the back left.  Kindly disregard the car keys and the stack of Father's Day cards...
Hope you have enjoyed this look at part of my strawberry collection.  It is "berry special" to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.