Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Chocolate (or cheesecake) mousse with strawberries

Photo by Taste of Home
I tried a yummy dessert recipe this weekend!  Our local supermarket had a fantastic price on fresh strawberries, and I needed a dessert for our church potluck on Sunday.  I had planned on making something like a cheesecake, but it was swelteringly hot and I didn't want to put the oven on.  So I did some searching through back issues of Taste of Home and Quick Cooking and found this: Chocolate Mousse with Strawberries

It looked (and was) so easy, calling for just three ingredients: instant pudding mix, milk, and whipped topping, in addition to the strawberries.  I had no chocolate instant pudding mix on hand, but I had a box of cheesecake flavored instant pudding, so used that.  French vanilla would probably be nice, as well, and maybe even lemon.  But the cheesecake mousse was outstanding.

With local strawberries coming into season soon, you may want to give this recipe a try.  It was a hit at the potluck, and I'll definitely be making this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.