Friday, June 14, 2013

Pinterest project ~ Homemade Tub and Shower Magic cleaner

(Photo from Food.com)
So, some time ago I got an idea from another blogger to blog about Pinterest projects I have pinned and then actually done.  I did one post of this type -- the one about our simple Valentine buntings.  And then, as so often happens, I wrote down a few ideas of other Pinterest projects to blog about ... but I didn't do it.  Today, I was cleaning the tub/shower and thought I would share about the homemade cleaner I've been using for several months.

It is this: Tub and Shower Magic, made from 2 simple ingredients of Dawn dishwashing liquid and white vinegar.  Our tub and shower tend to get pretty bad, since we have not only the usual soap scum but hard water to boot.  The only thing I have found prior to this that really works on it is Greased Lightning.  When I read about the Tub and Shower Magic and all of the comments from people who had tried it, I just had to give the recipe a try.  It really works very well -- in fact, well enough that I have made several more batches of the stuff.  I've also been using it on bathroom sinks and countertops, and -- although I can't say I've found it the miracle worker some pinners claim it to be -- yet I do have to say that I'm pleased with how it works.  It's easy to use, and the price is right!

2 comments:

  1. I have seen that pin as well and was wondering if it worked. One pinner put it in one of those dish washing wands and said she washed down the shower with it when she finished showering and let it stand. I may give it a try. So far my favorite products are Kaboom and Lysol with peroxide. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it works well for you if you do try it, Arlene. At least the components are quite inexpensive. I think that tubs/showers in the South have unique challenges that we don't have in cooler areas ... the potential for mildew, in particular. I know my daughter found it to be so when she lived in SC. It may well be that the Lysol with peroxide will work better for you than this. But it's definitely worth a try!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.