Thursday, June 27, 2013

Barbecue Pork with Penne

Photo by Taste of Home
A couple of weeks ago I had made crockpot ribs and had quite a bit of the barbecue pork rib meat left over.  Often, I will make a sandwich filling with the leftovers -- I just chop the meat and add mayo, pickle relish and onion powder and pepper to taste -- or  I'll make Barbecue Pork Shepherd's Pie, a recipe my daughter devised.

This time I wanted something a bit different, so went looking in some of my books.  Here is the recipe I found: Barbecue Pork and Penne Skillet.  This was absolutely delicious and a great use for the leftover rib meat.  I didn't have gluten free penne on hand, so used gluten free rotini style pasta instead.  It wasn't the best choice as it broke up quite a bit.  But next time I will use gluten free elbow macaroni, which always works find for me in recipes.  I'll definitely make this again.  Your family might enjoy it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.