Monday, October 30, 2006

Menu Plan Monday


It's good to be back in the groove of menu planning after 2 weeks of vacation. I did do some cooking at my daughter's house and helped with meal prep at her in-laws' home, where we were staying, but on the train we just sat back and enjoyed our meals. That was fun, but I'm glad to be back to my regular routine.

Here's my plan for the week:

MONDAY: Crabmeat Breakfast Pie, Potato Wedges, Asparagus Stir-fry Veggies

TUESDAY: Hearty Pasta Tomato Soup, Seven-Grain Bread

WEDNESDAY: Crockpot Ribs, Mashed Potatoes, Winter Squash

THURSDAY: Creamy Country Chicken & Vegetables, Biscuits or Cornbread

FRIDAY: Italian Baked Pasta, Winter Blend Vegetables, Ciabatta Bread

SATURDAY: Bruschetta Chicken Bake, Italian Mixed Vegetables, Salad

SUNDAY: (our monthly potluck at church) Nevada Chili-Albondigas Soup, Herbed Dinner Rolls, Crumb-Topped Apple Pie

Looking forward to seeing others' menus!

5 comments:

  1. Ok, are you a bread maker - if so give me all the hints you can. I have a sour dough bread starter that I am trying to do - I can't keep it in a warm enough spot at night! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you've really jumped back into cooking with both feet :) That all sounds delicious, especially that breakfast pie, yummy! Is the Hearty Pasta Tomato Soup recipe posted anywhere?

    Hope you have a great day and a wonderful week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:16 PM

    I don't suppose you have a recipe for Nevada Chili-Albondigas Soup? Sounds awesome.

    Sherry H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... It has been a long time since I have used a sour dough starter. I don't recall having trouble keeping it warm, but I'm sure it could be a problem if your house is cool.

    Just a couple of ideas -- You might try setting it on a heating pad set on low (with a towel or something covering the heating pad in case the starter should overflow its container). Or, if you should happen to have an older gas oven, the type with a pilot light in the oven, you could set it in the oven overnight -- the heat from the pilot light would probably be enough to keep the starter warm. If you have an insulated picnic jug, maybe you could set the starter inside that to keep it insulated from the cooler temps in your house.

    Just a few thoughts -- I hope they are somewhat helpful.

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stacy,

    The Hearty Pasta Tomato Soup recipe is a slow cooker recipe from Quick Cooking. You can find it via the Taste of Home recipe finder. It calls for Italian sausage, zucchini, and cheese tortellini, among other things.

    Are you the Stacy who shared the Italian Tortellini Stew recipe awhile back? The meatless one? I tried it last week. We really liked it a lot -- thanks for sharing!

    Sherry-- yes, I do have a recipe for that Nevada chili soup. I'll probably post it after trying it. I copied it from a friend's cookbook while we were on vacation. It does sound good and I'm hoping it will be!

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.