Thursday, October 26, 2006

Fall cleaning challenge update




Before leaving on vacation, I actually did get quite a bit done on the fall cleaning challenge set forth by Carrie. Here's what I accomplished:

* Shop-vacced (is that a word?) the front porch.

* Washed down the porch furniture.

* Put a fall tablecloth on the porch table.

* Thoroughly cleaned both the inner and outer front doors.

* Got Mr. T to put away his tools which were spread all over the porch.

* Washed the floor and vacuumed walls in the front hallway.

* Did a little bit more fall decorating.


And here's what I still have to do:

* Wash glass in both doors.

* Do some decluttering in the corner cupboard in the dining room.

* Declutter my "incoming mail" area and figure out a better system for it.

It was lovely to come home to a decluttered, clean, inviting porch. In fact, my whole house was neat, pretty, and welcoming. Unfortunately, it didn't take us long to trash it with suitcases, laundry, stacks of newspapers dropped off by the paper guy, and a tub of mail the post office had held for us. I have my work cut out for me in the coming week! And who knows, Carrie may come up with another challenge any day now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.