Sunday, March 04, 2007

A busy weekend


It was a busy weekend!

Yesterday I had the opportunity to go to a women's Bible seminar at a church in Massachusetts. What a wonderful time it was! Wonderful Bible teaching from several different speakers, incredibly edifying music, and great fellowship with other ladies made it a special, special day. I was blessed to be able to reconnect with some dear friends while there. It was very uplifting and a great encouragement.

Often after a day like this, I'll come home with no idea what supper will be. This time the Lord inclined my thoughts toward leaving something all ready in the crockpot. That worked out so well! It was such a blessing just to have a hot meal all ready. Then after supper I quickly prepared ahead what I would need to take for today's potluck lunch. The kitchen was clean by 7 p.m.!

Today was a busy day at church... teaching Sunday School, then attending the morning service and enjoying a potluck lunch together. After lunch, we had our "evening" service at 2 p.m. We do this the first Sunday of every month and it's always a highlight of the month to have that precious fellowship together over a meal.

Yes, a busy weekend... but a truly blessed one.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice weekend! I love to put things in the crockpot. It's so nice to come home to a meal all ready. And really love to have all my Sunday meal prep done early on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan!

    I know, isn't the crockpot the most wonderful invention!

    I was so pleased to have thought ahead enough to have a healthy meal all ready when I returned. My hubby also had a very busy day, and it was nice to just be able to reconnect with him in the hour or so before suppertime.

    It may seem like a very little thing, but to me it was big to see how the Lord inclined my heart in this way. It was an answer to several ongoing prayers of mine -- to be more organized, to be more of a help to my husband, and to eat in a way that glorifies God.

    I know what you mean about Sundays... I try to get the crockpot liner filled the night before whenever possible. Sure does make a difference on Sunday morning, which is always a crunch time!

    Have a great day!

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.