Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Goals for the week of 3/4/2012

... just a bit late!  I was thinking about prefacing this post with a quote from Anne of Green Gables ... remember, the one where Anne says that tomorrow is a new day, with no mistakes in it yet?  I thought I could consider the week ahead as a new week, with no mistakes in it yet (since I failed miserably at meeting last week's goals).  Too late!  I've already made plenty.  But I decided to go ahead and post goals for the week anyway, remembering the old adage that if you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time.  So I'm aiming at something!  Goals for the week:

1.  Memorize Psalm 85:6-7.
2.  Read 1 chapter in Essential Virtues.
3.  Exercise 3 to 5 times.
4.  Plan and cook healthy meals.
5.  Do Kelly's Missions for each day.
6.  Keep up with crafting goals.
7.  Continue working ahead on Sunday School, lesson 7.

As to how I did with last week's goals, well, as noted above, not very well.  I managed three of them.  I planned and prepared healthy meals, kept up with my crafting goals pretty much, and finished Sunday School lesson 6.  Needless to say, I'm hoping for a better week this week!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your goals with us Mrs T....and thank you for being transparent for us in your honesty! I think we all can relate to falling short of our expectations for ourselves but we keep pressing toward the goal.( I think a man name Paul said that first!!:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right... in Philippians 3:13-14, if anyone wants to look it up. He also tells us (in verse 13) to forget those things which are behind and not to let our failures (or our successes) from the past hold us back from forward progress. So encouraging!

    And thanks to you for your encouragement to me today, Arlene!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.