Friday, September 19, 2008

Show & Tell Friday for September 19


I don't have anything really exciting to show today, but did want to participate in Show & Tell Friday. A friend and I were talking (via email) about country fairs and the fun of going to them and also of entering things like baked goods, pickles, crafts, etc. to be judged and possibly win prizes.

A number of years ago, when we still had a country fair in our town, I did enter some needlework and won at least one ribbon. I can't remember now all that I entered. But this one sweater did survive, so I dug it out of the cedar chest to show you all. I won a second place ribbon for this crocheted child's sweater. In 1978! 30 years ago... it just doesn't seem possible.

So that is my simple show & tell for today. To see what others have shared for Show & Tell Friday, head on over to There is No Place Like Home

and check out the links. Happy Show & Tell Friday, everyone!

9 comments:

  1. Yep, I have some of those stories from 30 years ago too! Congrats on the ribbon, belated...but I have won some too and I know it is a thrill!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sweater and congrats on the ribbon. Though 30 years late. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful sweater. I love the name of your blog - when friends and/or family gather across the kitchen table, it is always special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My county still has a small fair and every year I "plan" on entering some things but I never have.

    Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by, everyone, and for the nice comments on the sweater. Looking at it now, I am surprised that I ever attempted such a pattern!

    Yes, that's why I chose the name of my blog -- it seems like so much of life takes place at a kitchen table; so many wonderful things (and often sad ones too) are shared there.

    Stop in anytime; it is wonderful to have you all here!

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet treasure, Mrs. T! I'm so glad that you kept it!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kelli,

    Thanks so much for stopping by to see my show & tell! I know that you are a very busy lady, so I appreciate your visit and your sweet comment.

    Have a lovely day!
    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mrs.T. This is beautiful. I thought you were NOT a knitter!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are right, Nancy. I can't knit! But I *can* crochet!

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.