1. The fun of beginning a very simple cross stitch project ... a little Scripture sampler I want to make for friends. Even though I have a number of UFOs sitting about (one of them being a large cross stitch project I've barely touched in months) I found joy in starting this and should be able to finish it quickly. It's so simple I can work on it in the car.
2. Seeing several bears this week -- a sow and three cubs on our property, and then a bear crossed the road in front of my friend and I while we were walking. We decided that we would turn around and walk the other way for awhile to let the bear get to wherever it was going. We didn't see it again.
3. Getting to enjoy a picnic together on Saturday night. It was a blessing to pack up some food and take it to a pretty spot by a rushing river. The photo at top was taken by the water's edge.
4. Hearing two good, encouraging messages from Psalm 86 on Sunday. Our former pastor, now retired, is visiting family in our area and preached for us this past week.
5. Our favorite ice cream place is open for the season! (Sign below is from our second-favorite ice cream place, which is also now open.)
And there's this week's simple Friday five! All of the flower photos (other than the one at the top of the post) are from either our yard or at the home I am cleaning out.