Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Marching on with the Hodgepodge

 

It's Wednesday again, and that means it's time for the Hodgepodge -- the linkup where Joyce, at  From This Side of the Pond, asks the questions and bloggers provide the answers on their own blogs.   After several weeks of neglecting this linkup, I'm attempting to jump back in once again.  Here goes!

 1.What do you love about your life right now? 

The flexibility of being retired.

2. March 26th is National Spinach Day...are you a fan? If so, how do you like yours prepared/served? 
 
I do like spinach, although I seldom eat it anymore.   I guess my favorite way would probably be in a salad with other greens, plus fruit, nuts and feta cheese.
Easter hutch, 2010

3. In this current season would you say you need to spend more time looking inward or that you need to get out of your head? Tell us why. 

Some of both, I guess.   Spending enough time looking inward to nurture my relationship with my heavenly Father and closeness to Him, for sure.  Getting out of my own head with its "what ifs" and "if onlys" is important too.  What does God's word say?  That is truer than anything I may be thinking or feeling.


4. Are you following the 'March Madness' madness? (That's US college basketball in case you're out of the loop) What's something that feels like actual madness to you right now? 

No, I am not following it.  The insane leftist agenda in our country and world feels like actual madness to me right now.   Actually, it doesn't just feel like madness.  It IS madness.

5. How will you celebrate the Easter/Passover holiday this year? 

We will have an early outdoor service at church, followed by a delicious breakfast together and an 11 am Easter worship service.

My local daughter and I are putting our heads together for some type of celebratory meal, but we haven't decided on a menu yet.  I know, I know, nothing like leaving it to the last minute.  But we'll produce a suitable feast!


6. Insert your own random thought here.

Over twenty inches of snow last weekend! 



Up until then it really was looking like an early spring ...
 

And there is the Hodgepodge for this week!

23 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a lot of snow!! We are in the midst of spring in Alabama. Some nights we still have lows in the high 30's and low 40's but the daytime temp warms up. We have pollen galore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No pollen in sight here! Our nighttime temps are a bit similar to yours.

      Delete
  2. So much snow! We are in full on spring here and are excited for summer. Spring is beautiful but the pollen is extreme so I'm not outside as much as I like. Enjoy your day and happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, lots of snow! It's raining here today so the snow is settling, but it's going to be here awhile. A blessed Easter to you as well!

      Delete
  3. Oh, those late snowfalls when you thought spring was already coming...I remember those days... I enjoyed your post and the pictures to go along with each section. The snow is amazing! I love your Easter buffet. We are doing our Easter dinner on Saturday with the family because our DIL has to work on Sunday afternoon. She works at Home Depot, and I guess they don't believe in closing for Easter. Sad. She will be able to attend church, however, so that's good. I know we are having ham, but that's as far as I've gotten in planning, and that is just a couple of days away now! Yikes! Probably scalloped potatoes and some kind of vegie. Oh, spinach is my favorite salad addition. I also love to chop it up and cook it in an omelette with cheese. Have a blessed and wonderful Easter. We can rejoice because we already know that Christ is Risen!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having ham, mashed potatoes, maple orange carrots, salad, and hot cross buns. Dessert is going to be pound cake with an assortment of toppings -- strawberry and blueberry sauces, lemon curd, and whipped cream -- to choose from.

      A blessed Easter to you and yours as well!

      Delete
  4. That 20 inches of snow is something else! We love the flexibility of retirement, too. I was nodding my head on your answers today especially the craziness and the inward one. We have such an amazing anchor for our souls! Happy Easter to you, Christ is Risen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so thankful for that sure and steadfast anchor for our souls! A blessed Easter to you and yours also. He is risen indeed!

      Delete
  5. The snow pics are crazy. Can't believe all that snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having trouble believing it myself!

      Delete
  6. WOW!! That is a lot of snow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is! It's raining here today but the snow isn't melting very fast. Could be a lot of flooding when it finally does.

      Delete
  7. Wow, that much snow in March is astonishing!

    Re the leftists, honestly they may be speaking up loudly but luckily for you they're not in power anywhere in the developed world. I can only hope that, as the actual powers move closer and closer to the right (think Trump in your country and Wilders in mine), the ability for bloggers and people in general to respectfully disagree remains. And that's as much in danger with the extreme right as it is with the extreme left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, there are dangers with both extremes.

      And yes, sometimes we do get snowstorms in March or even April, but this is one of the bigger spring snowstorms I can remember.

      Delete
  8. I’m with you on 4 - Complete out of control madness!
    I like the flexibility of no longer in the work force as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and they do all this just ignoring the constitution and our laws.

      Flexibility is good! We always have plenty to do each day, but it's nice being able to go with the flow at times.

      Delete
  9. That's a lot of snow. We don't get it here in my city, but we have gotten a lot of rain. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's raining here as we speak but the snow isn't melting much. Happy Easter to you and yours as well!

      Delete
  10. That's a lot of snow for so late in the season! But it is pretty. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty, I will say that. Hope you have a wonderful week also.

      Delete
  11. I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't been able to decide on a meal late in the game, though we did finally decide earlier in the week. Now I have to battle crowds and grocery shop. Maybe everyone else was better organized and they've already done their shopping. WOW. That's a lot of snow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.