Saturday, May 29, 2010

Strawberry surprise



Those who know me well know that I love strawberry-themed items and I have quite a collection of them. People will often give me strawberry items they find, and my collection boasts no two items alike (so far!). This is a shelf in my hutch which I've decorated with strawberry things for the summer season.

To the far left is a display of yummy-looking faux strawberries. They are really Christmas ornaments, but I use them to decorate with instead. Yes, this is still the same little domed server I got for $5 at Marshalls this winter!

The oversized teacup was a gift from a daughter and son-in-law, and the two little dishes were gifts from a good friend. The sugar shaker is from Avon. And the large pitcher... well, there's a special story that goes with that. It deserves its own post and I will write one about it in time.

For now, though, I will tell another story about my most recent strawberry acquisition. A friend had been cleaning out a house and found a strawberry-trimmed teapot. She brought it to me for my collection, if I wanted it. Of course I did! I had never seen a teapot made just like this one and picked it up to look underneath, thinking it might even be handmade and I might find someone's initials. What a surprise to find that this was a McCoy teapot in the "Strawberry Country" pattern! That made it doubly delightful!

As my friend and I chatted, I mentioned that I was sure I had another item with this same strawberry pattern in my collection. I thought it might be a mug, but we looked at all my mugs and none were the same. My friend glanced around and then asked about some salt and pepper shakers in my corner cupboard. Eureka! They are the very same Strawberry Country pattern by McCoy.

Hope everyone is having a splendid Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.