Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day


... a little late!

I prepared a slightly Irish supper, but that's as far as we went in celebrating.  I didn't even think to wear green.  For supper, I made Irish Coddle, considered a true Dubliner's supper dish, according to my sources.  It's essentially a flavorful combination of sausages, bacon, onions and potatoes.  Very good.  And then I tried a recipe for gluten-free Irish soda bread.  I'll try and share the link tomorrow.  I was running short on time -- seems like I never allow enough time to prepare supper! -- so I turned it into muffins instead.  They came out excellent and I will be making that recipe again and again.  The muffins are not overly sweet and so would go well with soup.

And now, goodnight.  Hope you all had a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.