Saturday, March 14, 2015

Works in progress

Nearly finished crocheted boot cuff
... and one finished project!

But, before I show you the finish, here are a couple of UFOs.  The photo at top shows a nearly completed boot cuff from this pattern: cute and easy crocheted boot cuffs at Skip to My Lou.  I had made a set of these in a cream color for my granddaughter's birthday (but failed to take a picture of them).  Now I am working on the second cuff for a set in this linen color.

Here's the photo from Skip to My Lou of what they look like when worn.
Photo from Skip to My Lou
Here's another  work in progress, the ever-challenging "Snow Angels" cross stitch which I've showed you before.   It is on 18-count Aida and is quite the project.  The area that the kids are walking away from is going to show snow angels they have made.  You can just see the beginning of one of the "wings" of an angel toward the lower right.  I have found it a huge challenge to keep track of where I am on this chart.  It is huge and very complicated, lots of blended needles in the design.  Those "line minders" and magnetic chart holders just don't work for something this big.  I finally found a low-tech, simple solution: washi tape to mark my place.  I will do a blog post about this eventually.  Wish I had thought of it earlier!  I am trying to do a little on this cross-stitch every day, if possible.

And finally, here is the finished cross-stitched hand towel with the rose border.  It's a good feeling to have this finished, washed, dried, and ready to gift to the recipient.

I am living proof that UFOs can eventually be completed.  Take heart -- and pick up one of your own unfinished projects!

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty Mrs T!! I feel your pain. I do have some UFOs that need my attention but I have spent all afternoon cross stitching on my nephew's wedding gift. I hope to get it done and to the framers this week.( But I sure do have Fanny Fatigue!!lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I wanted to add that I LOVE the hand towel. I am going to have to make some for my guest bath. I had done some years ago but had forgotten about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boot cuffs are so popular right now and they look great. I love the pretty little hand towel you stitched. You are very talented! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for your sweet comments, Arlene and Diane! It is nice to have you here.

    How is the cross stitch wedding gift coming along, Arlene? Will you meet your goal of getting it to the framers?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.