Monday, March 02, 2015

March goals

Sugaring time, 1956 in my grandfather's maple orchard
 Time to set some goals for a new month!  Here are my goals for March:
* Follow Bible reading plan each day.
* Finish questions for You Are Loved summer Bible study  (I've already finished the daily Bible study, just need to finish answering the questions -- now just have 2 weeks' worth left to go, but  I typically work on this only on Saturdays so it will take awhile)
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones.
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook
* Start new study for Sunday School -- Following God With All Your Heart
* Continue to re-read Say Goodbye to Survival Mode; continue to journal and implement what I learn
* Exercise or walk at least 20 times.
* Get to bed by 9:45 pm each night.
* Limit sugar.
* Drink enough water each day.
* Start writing kids' summer devotional
* Have a getaway with my hubby
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week.
* Post in both of my blogs as often as possible
* Start writing blog posts for Christmas in July
* Create several handmade gifts for March and April birthdays
* Send package to Nevada
* Celebrate March birthdays
* Continue working on several UFO craft projects
* Start planning for visit from our Nevada family
* Reduce grocery bill by $5 per week consistently
* Spend several hours updating my A-store.
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal
*  Continue trying to help and encourage my elderly dad
* Sort out and declutter my dad's attic
* Transfer important items to new computer
* Take items to thrift store
* Finish typing some family history for my mother-in-law

MARCH'S HEALTHY HABIT:  Nurture creativity/drink enough water (I did well with the creativity part and was so encouraged I am focusing on these habits again this month!)

WORD FOR 2015: RENEWAL

And here's how February went:
* Follow Bible reading plan each day -- DONE!
* Finish questions for You Are Loved summer Bible study  (I've already finished the daily Bible study, just need to finish answering the questions) -- didn't finish these, but am continuing to work on them steadily
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones -- DONE!
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook -- DONE!
* Keep up with my Sunday School study -- The Heart of a Woman Who Prays -- DONE!
* Start new study for Sunday School -- not started
* Continue to re-read Say Goodbye to Survival Mode; continue to implement what I learn -- DONE!
* Exercise or walk at least 20 times -- not done
* Get to bed by 9:45 pm each night -- not done; it has been closer to 10-10:15
* Limit sugar -- not done consistently
* Drink enough water each day -- not done consistently
* Decide what to do for the kids' summer devotional; start writing-- have narrowed it down, but have not started writing.  This will be a re-write of an older one, so not as challenging as an entire new book.
* Plan a March getaway with my hubby -- not done
* Have a date night with my hubby -- DONE!
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week -- not done consistently
* Post in both of my blogs as often as possible -- DONE!
* Reduce grocery bill by $5 per week consistently -- think I managed three weeks out of four
* Spend several hours updating my A-store -- not done
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family -- DONE!
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able -- haven't helped as much as I'd have liked
* Host a dessert course at our home for a teen progressive dinner -- DONE!
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal -- DONE!
*  Continue trying to help and encourage my elderly dad -- DONE!
* Sort out and declutter my dad's attic -- not done, though I'm making a stab at it
* Transfer important items to new computer -- not done
* Finish typing some family history for my mother-in-law -- about 2/3 done with this project

FEBRUARY'S HEALTHY HABIT:  Nurture creativity/drink enough water -- did quite well with creativity and not too badly with water.

WORD FOR 2015: RENEWAL -- still very encouraged by my choice of this word!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.