Friday, November 02, 2007

Sew Crafty Friday for November 2


I don’t have a lot of progress to report this week, although I did take along quite a bit of crafting on our vacation. It turned out to be quite a bit more exciting than I thought, so I didn’t get as much crafting done as I expected... but of course that was just fine!

I crocheted several dishcloths, and also got some embroidery done on a flour-sack towel. The major accomplishment, however, was getting a good start on backstitching the “Country Baking” sampler. Here’s how it looks right now:


And this one zeroes in a bit more on the part I’ve actually finished backstitching, up at the top of the sampler:


You can see where I am working, on the cherry tart in the pie rack. I love how backstitching makes all of the details pop out. Hopefully I can accomplish some more on this as time allows -- but from here on out this sampler (which is for my own kitchen) will take a back seat to Christmas crafting and baking.

What about you? If you have managed to accomplish or even start any crafting this week, then head on over to Waiting for Him and share your projects. Shereen and others will be eager to see what you have to share.

Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:46 PM

    What a lovely sampler! It is going to look so good when you are finished. Keep up the great work.
    Blessings,
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really, really coming along great! That's going to look so cute when you have it framed and hanging up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:06 PM

    This is a great sampler! Doesn't backstitching make all the difference! I couldn't find Mr. Linky for Sew Crafty until tonight, even though I posted last Fri. I'm glad I finally found it so I could see this! =)
    Blessings,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ladies,

    Thanks so much for stopping by my kitchen table! Thanks for all of your sweet, encouraging words about the sampler. It is a lot of fun to work on. I love things with a lot of small, interesting details. I have changed several motifs on this sampler because I didn't care for the items they had in the particular space (there was a stuffed cat in one place, and a cow pull toy in another). It's fun to see how well my changes have worked out.

    Have a great week, all!

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.