Friday, March 06, 2009

Getting crafty

Here is my craftiness for this week. I finally finished this crocheted beaded bracelet for my granddaughter's birthday. It was my first attempt at anything like this, and I was pleased with how it came out. I had never tried crocheting with beads. It was much easier than I expected. The most time-consuming part was stringing all of the beads on the crochet thread to begin with.

Here is a picture of the bracelet.

And another of the bracelet lying in its gift box.

I was inspired to embellish a t-shirt with some of the beads I had left over.

Wish I could take credit for making this gift bag. It's made of felt and isn't it cute? I got it from Avon, though.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:06 PM

    How cute the bracelet is, I bet your granddaughter will be the envy of all her friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute...I remember the crocheted necklaces that were popular in the seventies. They were so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:25 PM

    I enjoy looking at your blog and all the great posts. Thank you for sharing with everyone.
    BB from Ga.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh...the bracelet is so pretty and I love how you added them to the shirt, too!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK...how do you make that adorable bracelet? do you just string the beads on the thread and then crochet like normal? How do you get them to only come out on the outside?

    Inquiring minds need to know...LOL!

    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone for all of the nice comments! Thanks for stopping by my kitchen table to see the bracelet, and please do stop in anytime. I love company here in the kitchen.

    Susie, for you and anyone else who may be interested, I've just posted a link to the directions for the beaded bracelet. It is a Michaels project and very easy (once the beads are strung.)

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.