Tuesday, April 01, 2014

April Goals


APRIL GOALS:
* Read through the April portion of the One-Year Devotional Bible.
*  Read 4 chapters in The Power of a Godly Grandparent
 * Continue to implement some of the ideas from the above book
* Finish re-reading Say Goodbye to Survival Mode
* Begin to implement some of the ideas and strategies from the above book.
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones.
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook
* Complete "Why Easter Matters"  Bible study
* Keep up with my Sunday School study -- The Heart of a Woman Who Prays
* Exercise or walk at least 20 times.
* Get to bed by 9:45 pm each night.
* Limit sugar.
* Drink enough water each day.
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week.
* Take an overnight getaway with my husband
* Travel to visit family
* Post in both of my blogs as often as possible
* Reduce grocery bill by $5 per week consistently
* Spend several hours updating my A-store.
* Do research for setting up an Etsy shop (I've already joined Etsy)
* Make at least a dozen items for sale at craft fairs.
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family.
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal
* Make some winter banners
* Make gift tags from last year's Christmas cards.
* Complete several handcrafted birthday gifts for April birthdays.

APRIL'S HEALTHY HABIT:  Walking

WORD FOR 2014: BALANCE

And here is how March went:
* Read through the March  portion of the One-Year Devotional Bible -- DONE!
*  Read 4 chapters in The Power of a Godly Grandparent -- not done; only managed to read 2.
* Finish reading Say Goodbye to Survival Mode -- DONE!  (but now I am re-reading it and trying to implement some of what I'm learning)
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones -- DONE!
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook -- DONE!
* Continue with "Intentionally Focused" Bible study -- DONE!
* Keep up with my Sunday School study -- The Heart of a Woman Who Prays -- DONE!
* Exercise at least 20 times -- aargh, not done.  I'd share my excuses, but why bother?  One of the biggest reasons is the snow and ice.  I'm hoping for better conditions in April.
* Get to bed by 9:45 pm each night -- not done consistently.
* Limit sugar -- DONE!
* Drink enough water each day -- -- DONE! (but could do even better)
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week -- not done consistently, but progress is being made.
* Take an overnight getaway with my husband -- not done
* Watch grandkids so their parents can get away -- DONE!
* Post in both of my blogs as often as possible -- DONE!
* Reduce grocery bill by $5 per week (just a place to start!) -- managed this twice, but I'd like it to be consistent each week
* Spend several hours updating my A-store -- not done -- at least not the several hours.  I may have spent a total of an hour on this. 
* Do research for setting up an Etsy shop (I've already joined Etsy) -- not done.
* Make at least a dozen items for sale at craft fairs -- not done.
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family -- -- DONE!
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal -- DONE!
* Make some winter banners -- not done
* Make gift tags from last year's Christmas cards -- not done
* Complete several handcrafted birthday gifts for March and April birthdays -- DONE!

MARCH'S HEALTHY HABIT:  Exercise -- a miserable fail, but I did manage to stick with a healthy habit or two; limiting sugar and drinking more water.

WORD FOR 2014: BALANCE -- still striving for this, obviously.


So ... things could have gone better for March, but still I'm fairly pleased with what's been accomplished.  Onward and upward ... I'm optimistic about April!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.