Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Intentionally Focused, Day 34


This lovely graphic is by Abby at Little Birdie Blessings
Here is my "Intentionally Focused" study from Thursday, March 6.  This was still week 7 of the study, which focused on our ministries.  This verse points out the importance of the ministries of sharing, giving, and showing hospitality.  Did you realize those activities come under the heading of ministry?  They certainly do!  Here goes:

S [Scripture]= "Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality."  (Romans 12:13)

O [Observation]=  Chapter 12 of Romans is part of a section titled by Scofield "Christian Life and Service for the Glory of God".  Verse 13 is part of a section (verses 9-16) titled "The Christian and those within God's family."  This verse lists two things that believers need to do:
1) Distribute to the necessity of saints;
2) Give themselves to the ministry of hospitality.
Two cross-references are given for "distributing to the necessity of saints":
"But to do good and to share forget not; for with such sacrifices God is well pleased."  (Hebrews 13:16)
"Use hospitality one to another without grudging."  (1 Peter 4:9)
So, sharing what we have with others -- both by way of  hospitality, and sharing in myriad other ways -- is a ministry we're to be involved in.

A [Application]= I'm thankful that God has given both my husband and me [especially my husband] "open hands".  We've always been very willing to share what we have with others -- not just our home, but even items like cars -- with others.  It  hasn't always been easy, but it's been, in general, our heart attitude.  I must admit that in years past there were a few times when my hospitality was somewhat grudging.  Thankfully, the Lord has helped me grow much in this area since then.

P [Prayer]=  "Lord, I am so thankful for Your Word and its clear teaching concerning how You want Your people to conduct themselves.  I thank You for the many opportunities You give us to be involved in the lives of other believers.  I pray that You will continue to give my husband and me open eyes to see needs -- and open hearts and hands to help meet those needs. I praise You so much for the opportunities to minister to people -- and thank You for all You are doing in hearts and lives.  In Jesus' name, Amen."

Just one or two more Bible study posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.