Monday, June 01, 2015

June goals

This gorgeous photo and graphic are by Abby at Little Birdie Blessings -- I chose this because our ladyslippers are in bloom right now.
 Amazingly, a new month has arrived!  We are gearing up for the arrival of loved ones from far away, later this month.  Here are my tentative goals for June:
*Meditate on a passage from God's Word each day.
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones.
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook
* Continue study for Sunday School -- Following God With All Your Heart
* Continue to re-read Say Goodbye to Survival Mode; continue to journal and implement what I learn
* Exercise or walk at least 20 times.
* Get to bed by 10 pm each night.  (I am upping this time because we'll have family visiting.)
* Limit sugar.
* Drink enough water each day.
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week.
* Spend some serious time decluttering closets
* Post in both of my blogs as often as possible
* Continue writing blog posts for Christmas in July
* Make some handmade gifts for a June birthday
* Continue working on several UFO craft projects
* Decide on wall decals for our freshly painted bathroom wall
* Continue planning for visit from our Nevada family
* Enjoy our visit with loved ones, which will continue into July
* Reduce grocery bill by $5 per week consistently
* Spend several hours updating my A-store.
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal
*  Continue trying to help and encourage my elderly dad
* Sort out and declutter my dad's basement
* Transfer important items to new computer
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating

JUNE'S HEALTHY HABITS:  Nurture creativity/drink enough water/exercise

WORD FOR 2015: RENEWAL

And here is how May went:
* Follow Bible reading plan each day -- I have actually stopped doing this to focus more on Scripture meditation.
* Finish questions for You Are Loved summer Bible study  (just a few questions to go now) -- DONE!
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones -- DONE!
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook -- DONE!
* Continue study for Sunday School -- Following God With All Your Heart -- DONE!
* Continue to re-read Say Goodbye to Survival Mode; continue to journal and implement what I learn -- DONE!  (Haven't actually finished the book, but I've accomplished my goal of reading, journaling, and implementing.)
* Exercise or walk at least 20 times -- not done.  Maybe half that.
 * Get to bed by 9:45 pm each night -- probably managed this more than half the time.
 * Limit sugar -- not done
* Drink enough water each day -- have done fairly well with this
* Organize kids' summer devotional and get it printed -- DONE!
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week -- not done consistently
 * Post in both of my blogs as often as possible -- -- DONE! but not as much as I'd hoped
* Continue writing blog posts for Christmas in July -- -- DONE! (not finished, but progress is made)
* Finish last handmade gift for April birthday -- DONE!
* Make a larger superhero cape for one or two grandkids -- DONE!
* Make some handmade gifts for May/June birthdays --May ones are -- DONE!
* Celebrate April/May birthdays -- DONE!
* Continue working on several UFO craft projects -- not done
* Decide on wall decals for our freshly painted bathroom wall -- not done
* Continue planning for visit from our Nevada family -- DONE! (Planning not finished yet,  though)
* Do some baking for events in May -- DONE!
* Reduce grocery bill by $5 per week consistently -- managed this about half the time
* Spend several hours updating my A-store -- spent an hour or so on this
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family -- DONE!
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able -- DONE! (but not as much as I'd have liked)
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal -- DONE!
*  Continue trying to help and encourage my elderly dad -- DONE!
* Sort out and declutter my dad's attic -- not done
* Transfer important items to new computer -- not done; I'm seriously considering keeping both computers.
* Finish typing some family history for my mother-in-law -- DONE!
* Celebrate our pastor's retirement with our church family -- DONE!
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating -- am working toward this; have eliminated some unhealthy choices and am using a lot more vegetables and fruits.

MAY'S HEALTHY HABITS:  Nurture creativity/drink enough water/exercise -- not as much as I'd have liked in the water/exercise departments, but I've felt endlessly creative, happily!

WORD FOR 2015: RENEWAL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.