Thursday, September 10, 2015

Mediterranean Medley Salad


Photo from Taste of Home
Today I want to share another recipe we recently tried from my 2005 Light & Tasty Annual Recipes cookbook.  This one is a main-dish salad made with a can of tuna.  It also contains brown rice and a good number of different vegetables.  Here is the link: Mediterranean Medley Salad.

I used almost double the amount of rice because I had some cooked brown rice on hand, but I didn't make any extra dressing.  That worked out fine and the salad was still nice and flavorful.   I left out the green onions because I didn't have any; just added some dried minced onion in with the dressing ingredients.  I also left out the radishes and the grated carrots.  I used red peppers instead of green because I happened to have some red ones on hand.

We enjoyed this very much and I will definitely be making this salad again!  It was very refreshing on a hot summer evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.