|Antique card from my personal collection|
1. April is Lawn and Garden Month. On a scale of 1-10 what's the current state of your lawn and/or garden. (10=a showpiece, 1=send in the professionals). Tell us about any lawn or garden plans you have for this month.
2. "Many things grow in the garden that were never sown there." ~Thomas Fuller What does this quote mean to you?
This could obviously have a deeper meaning as well ... we want to be very careful about the things we allow to take root in our lives.
[ETA: Be sure and see Joyce's take on this quote at From This Side of the Pond. She looks at it from an entirely different angle, but a very good one!]
🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻3. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think about God?
Psalm 90:2 -- "Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever Thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, Thou art God."
"Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure."
And then of course God's amazing love in sending His only Son to die for our sins, and His incredible power in Creation .... well, I could go on and on, but the verses I shared above were the first things that sprang to mind when I read the question.
4. If we were chatting in person, how would I know if you were nervous?
Hmmm .... this is a tough one. I am really not sure. Maybe I might be talking a little too loud or a little too fast.
5. Do you like the color yellow? Would I find any in your home or wardrobe? Daffodils, tulips, roses, sunflowers, day lily, black eyed susan...which yellow bloom on this list is your favorite?
I do like the color yellow and you would definitely find yellow in my kitchen, plus here and there in a bedroom or bathroom. My favorite yellow bloom on the list: probably black-eyed susans.
|Delightful graphic by Abby at Little Birdie Blessings|
Neither. I detest flip flops. They are fine for other people but I just don't like or wear them. Although I went barefoot every summer of my life right through my teenage years, I seldom do so now except at the beach.
7. Tell us about any Easter plans, celebrations, or traditions you'll carry out this month.
We will have our annual sunrise service and breakfast on Easter morning. It's always a precious time of remembering our Savior's victory over death and the grave, and all that His death and resurrection accomplished for us. At the sunrise service, we traditionally sing the hymn below:
|Another gorgeous graphic by Abby at Little Birdie Blessings|
The breakfast is always delicious, too, with egg casseroles, ham, pastries, fruit, juice, coffee and more.
|Naturally colored eggs I dyed with my granddaughters some years ago.|
Today is my wonderful daughter Carrie's birthday. More than my daughter, she is a good and trusted friend and a blessing in my life. I admire her care of her husband and family more than I can say. And, though she looks like a teenager in this photo, let me assure you that she will not see 35 (or even 38) again.