Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Wednesday Medley

Gorgeous vintage fall floral from Little Birdie Blessings
 I hadn't found the time to participate in Terri's Wednesday Medley previously, but thought I would jump in when I noticed this week's questions.

Here's the Medley:
1.  The Circleville, Ohio, Pumpkin Festival starts today.  All things pumpkin are everywhere. What is your one very favorite pumpkin flavored food or drink?  Do you wish it was available all year or do you only want it in the Fall?
Oh, this is a really difficult question.  My friend Gina makes a pumpkin roll that I have always loved, but I also have a recipe for pumpkin streusel coffeecake that's a real favorite.  Oh, and I can't forget these wonderful gluten free pumpkin chocolate chip doughnuts.  Really, I just love pumpkin treats and would be hard pressed to pick just one favorite.  Why not click "pumpkin" in the label cloud and try one of my recipes?  I think I really do prefer pumpkin treats in the fall.  It's nice to keep some things special for the season, don't you think? 
2.  What product would you seriously stockpile if you found out they weren't going to sell it anymore? 

If I had known, some years ago, that Celestial Seasonings was going to discontinue their Canadian Maple tea, I would have stockpiled it!   If they ever discontinue Candy Cane Lane, I might have to stockpile that.
Anyone else remember this?
3.  What is the most interesting thing you have seen online this week?
Now, that is a good question.   I'm currently enjoying the 12 days of Annestagram on Instagram, where folks are posting autumn related photos with an Anne of Green Gables theme.  The hashtag is #12daysofannestagram, should you be interested in checking it out.  The photo below is from my daughter Carrie's Instagram.
4.  Is it better to be a "big fish in a small pond" or a "small fish in a big pond"?
Oh, I definitely prefer being a small fish in a big pond.
5.  My Joe has become obsessed with playing chess on the computer.  Do you play chess?  Are you good at it?
I don't play chess and am pretty sure I would be terrible at it.  I don't do well with any games that require strategy.  My hubby enjoys chess but seldom plays it.
I would rather bake, like this Pumpkin Dutch Apple Pie.
6.  Tell us something random about your week.
The weather is certainly random these days!  We've had quite a bit of rain and wind, also some gorgeous sunny days and a mixture of all three.  Cooler temps too, which is nice.   Snow in the mountains...

So ends my first Wednesday Medley!  It's been fun.

12 comments:

  1. Stopping over here from Terri D's blog. I also did the Wednesday Medley. I love your answers. There are so many pumpkin flavored things that I like to eat this time of year: muffins, pie, cake, pudding... I just followed your blog and will be back to see what's happening with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be great, Kathy! I will look forward to your visits here. I enjoyed my visit to your blog, as well!

      Delete
  2. It's so nice for you gals and your readers to have another Wednesday response meme. I think it is fun to read answers to questions that we might never have thought of otherwise. It's a fun way to learn more about a person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it really is a very fun way to learn more about others. This week the questions seemed like ones I could answer pretty easily. Good blog fodder. Maybe you can join in one week ... am sure your readers would love that. I know I would!

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for joining in today!! I really enjoyed your answers and agree with your about being a small fish in a big pond! I am not "into" pumpkin things but those you mentioned sound good! Our weather here in central FL is still hot and humid. Looking forward to better weather soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. You're welcome, Terri! It was fun. Thank YOU for coming up with the questions!

      Hope your weather moderates soon!

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed reading all your answers! Pumpkin Dutch Apple Pie is a new one for me, bet it's good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just updated the post to include the link for that pie recipe, but here it is again: Pumpkin Dutch Apple Pie. Enjoy!

      Delete
  5. Oh, I forgot about loving pumpkin roll so much until I read your answers! I have never heard of the pumpkin apple pie...I think I would like it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my friend makes a wonderful pumpkin roll. I may have made it a time or two, but always find it a challenge to roll up that type of dessert.

      Here's the pie recipe link if you are interested in trying it: Pumpkin Dutch Apple Pie.

      Delete
  6. It was 24 degrees here this morning. Too cold, but so beautiful. I love your list of pumpkin deliciousness. That donut looks fabulous!! I'm so glad you joined in today. Let's spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 26º here this morning. I'm glad to see cooler weather, but yesterday's cold wind was a bit extreme. Today looks nicer. Think it's predicted to reach 55º.

      Yes, pretty much any recipe from Jeanine's site is going to be good. I love those gluten free baked donuts.

      I'm glad I joined in also. It was fun!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.