Monday, July 01, 2019

July goals


Yes, unbelievably, it's a new month, and time for setting some fresh goals.  Here are my goals for July:
* Do a July Scripture writing challenge
* Continue reading through the New Testament
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones
* Continue our discipleship study with new believers
* Continue to  help a recently widowed friend with the challenges of life in general
* Continue study for Sunday School -- A Woman Who Reflects the Heart of Jesus
* Get to bed by 9 pm each night  
* Limit sugar
* Drink enough water each day
 * Walk and/or exercise at least 4 times each week
* Keep up with Flylady's homemaking zones of the week (with some help from Clean Mama)
* Do something creative each day
* Post in this blog as often as possible
* Post in my Christmas blog every day for Christmas in July!
* Get together with friends on July 4th
* Continue planning for family birthday gifts and crafting any handmade ones
* Spend a little time on some UFO craft projects
* Continue stocking my Etsy shop and continue selling vintage items
* Work on Etsy and trust bookkeeping as necessary
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able
* Continue to encourage and support my hubby as he works through a pastoral search for our church
* Clean church and set up for fellowship time
* Continue to sort out and declutter my dad's house, hopefully taking many loads to the dump and thrift store and consolidating the remaining items yet to dispose of;  work on estate
* Spend a day helping my cousin get started with a similar task at her childhood home
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating
 
HEALTHY HABITS FOR JULY:  Drink more water/get more sleep/limit sugar

And here's how June went:
* Do a June Scripture writing challenge --- done!
* Begin reading through the New Testament -- I've fallen behind by a day or two, but not bad, so --- done!
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones  -- not done; only learned 2 verses
* Continue our discipleship study with new believers --- done!
* Continue to  help a recently widowed friend with the challenges of life in general --- done!
* Continue study for Sunday School -- A Woman Who Reflects the Heart of Jesus --- done!
* Get to bed by 9 pm each night   -- not done
* Limit sugar -- not done consistently
* Drink enough water each day -- not done consistently
 * Walk and/or exercise at least 3 times each week --- done!
* Keep up with Flylady's homemaking zones of the week (with some help from Clean Mama) -- not done
* Do something creative each day --- done!
* Post in this blog as often as possible --- done!
* Post in my Christmas blog as often as possible --- done!
* Continue planning for family birthday gifts and crafting any handmade ones --- done!
* Spend a little time on some UFO craft projects --- done!
* Continue stocking my Etsy shop and continue selling vintage items --- done!
* Work on Etsy and trust bookkeeping as necessary -- n/a
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family --- done!
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able -- I always feel as if I could do more
* Attend wedding of our friends' daughter --- done!
* Create one (possibly 2) handmade wedding gifts --- done!
* Continue to encourage and support my hubby as he works through a pastoral search for our church --- done!
* Clean church and set up for fellowship time --- done!
* Continue to sort out and declutter my dad's house, hopefully taking many loads to the dump and thrift store and consolidating the remaining items yet to dispose of;  work on estate --- done!
* Get several large pieces of furniture from the old homestead to their new owners --- done!
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating --- done!
 
HEALTHY HABITS FOR JUNE:  Drink more water/get more sleep -- not done consistently

So many of these projects are ongoing that I hesitate to declare them done.  They aren't finished and won't be for awhile.  Still, I met my goals in that I spent some time this past month in working on them. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your Goal Posts!!! I do something similar with my monthy and daily planner on my kitchen counter. Christmas in July!! YES!!! I need to select my Christmas painting projects this month and start on them! Now I'm going over to your Christmas blog. That's so cool that you do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And eventually every single thing will be accomplished. ☺️ I think I need your monthly goal for July: get to bed by 9, drink more water, and eat less sugar. That’s a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.