Friday, July 05, 2019

Friday five on the fifth of July!


Lovely photo by Abby at Little Birdie Blessings.   Don't you love the sand dollars lined up at the right?
Sorry, I just couldn't resist that catchy title!  Friday again (though it feels like Sunday, having had yesterday off) and time for another Friday five post.  So here goes:

1.  Seeing God answer prayer for the details in a specific situation where wisdom was needed.
Another from Abby at Little Birdie Blessings
2. A McDonalds breakfast date last Saturday.  It doesn't take much to make us happy!
Like these daisies in our back yard.  Mr. T left this pretty clump while he was mowing the lawn.
3.  Supper last Saturday at our daughter and son-in-law's home with visiting family from out of state.  Also very thankful for safety as we traveled home in a torrential downpour, complete with penny-sized hail!
We were so thankful Mr. T had gotten this photo of our peonies.  This is the largest amount of blossoms we have ever had, and of course the heavy rain and the hail just beat them down.
4.  A good day in God's house with such an encouraging message.  A man who grew up in our church but has lived and worked in Florida for many years was home in NH with his family for a visit.  Although he is a teacher, not a pastor, he is always willing to fill the pulpit when he is in our state. He gave such an encouraging message reminding us as believers to be steadfast, diligent, faithful, and vigilant. 

One more by Abby
5.  The blessing of starting a new simple Bible study for my quiet time this month.  I've  had  this one on hand for awhile and decided to use it for July.  These simple studies add a journaling component to a Scripture reading plan.  I have another in-depth study going for Sunday School at this time, so simple is really good for my quiet time right now.  I'll be blogging a bit about this as we get further into the month.

6.  And a bonus -- a great time celebrating the Fourth of July with family and friends yesterday!  We are so blessed to live in this country!

4 comments:

  1. Such beautiful peonies...wonderful that you had the picture if they were to be lost in the rain and hail. I hate when the flowers get mowed down...good thing Mr T is a softie and saved the daisies.

    Sounds like another fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a good week, Vee, and I hope that yours had its good moments as well. So happy you could enjoy the Fourth with your son and family.

    Yes, a softie ... I didn't even ask him not to mow the daisies. It was all his idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I do love the sand dollars in the window as my bedroom windows display sand dollars too! They are treasures from my "happy place", Sullivan's Island, SC. All of your posts are very enjoyable, but "Friday Five" always is particularly inspiring. Stopping, reflecting and counting your blessings is a wonderful discipline, and one I desperately need to develop....



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun that you have sand dollars in your windows, too, Linda, and that they are memories from a very special place!

      I am happy that you enjoy "Friday Five" so much. Maybe you should consider blogging about your own Friday five, or at least making a list of five when you see mine ... just trying to think of ways you might develop the habit for yourself!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.