Monday, October 07, 2013

Back-on-Track health & energy challenge


If you've been visiting my kitchen table for awhile, you know that periodically I find it necessary to set a "back-on-track" challenge for myself, trying to get back on track in certain areas of my life.  Usually, I will aim to get back on track in several areas at once.  For a couple of months now I have been hoping to complete a back-on-track challenge.  It just hasn't been happening.  When I looked over how I did on my September goals, I decided I might just have the answer to why that is.  I noticed that in several of the areas I normally need challenging in, I was doing pretty well.  The two areas where I repeatedly fell down, week after week, were homemaking and health/energy.

Based on that, I decided to do two separate challenges -- one for each problem area -- in two consecutive months. 

When I got up this morning I was eager to start one of the challenges, and figured it would probably be the homemaking one.  Coming off a very busy weekend with grandkids here and also coming home from a getaway meant that there were lots of things to put in order.  But as I thought about it more, I realized I should start the health and energy challenge.  For one thing, I was already in the exercise and fresh air mode from our getaway.  For another, I had some excellent time with the Lord during our getaway and really felt that He would have me work on this area first.  So, here we go -- a health/energy back-on-track challenge!

Here's what I'm planning to work on:
*Drinking enough water
* Getting to bed at a reasonable hour
* Eating more fruits and vegetables
* Getting more exercise
* Eating less sugar
* Keeping track of the above each day
* Doing something creative every day (mental health!)

I am starting the challenge today and will end October 31.  Lord willing, I will check in every day or two.  If any of you would like to tackle a similar challenge, feel free to come here and check in at my kitchen table!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:45 PM

    Mrs T, Good for you! I like all your goals especially go to bed at a reasonable hour. I need to work on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to lose a few pounds this month and I must admit it is hard Mrs T. I need to add more water and fruits and veggies to my diet as well. Maybe we will motivate each other to keep going for good results this October.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement, ladies! I had a good first day yesterday.

    Yes, Arlene, maybe we will motivate one another. That would be great. Feel free to check in here and share how things are going.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.